News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

A Collective Thread for All Them Guns Pt. II

Started by Herr Döktor, April 25, 2011, 05:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herr Döktor

Here's part II, as it's now 150 pages long.

Link to original thread here:

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,8833.0.html

I'll leave the old one sticky for a while, until we work out how to archive it.

Atlas Fishard

Glad to have a second thread, some organization seems to loosen those knots in my eyes :)

I should work into my Vince Roy a lil more too, I guess =d

Can't wait to see other fellow gentlemen/ladies' contribution of guns  :D

With Regards,
A

Professor Griffiths

Good to see this topic has made it to the honor of a Mk II.

Maets

Thought I would start things off with my new steam powered weapon.  No name yet, but I wanted to show it and get some input.  Still need to make a stand and maybe a strap.

The cartridges are removalable.

Remove one screw and the whole thing disassembles.

Professor Griffiths

Quote from: Maets on April 26, 2011, 02:27:10 AM
Thought I would start things off with my new steam powered weapon.  No name yet, but I wanted to show it and get some input.  Still need to make a stand and maybe a strap.

DAMN! [And other expletives not allowed]

Atlas Fishard

Sweet holy ghost of Kraken!

I tried to look into removable cartridges on my Vince Roy, but all I can accomplish with my gun is a spinning cylinder  :o

Regards,
A

Artfagdirtbug

Quote from: Maets on April 26, 2011, 02:27:10 AM

Very nice. I see some STEN parts in there. My only piece of constructive criticism would be to bend the scope mount just a tad so that the optics are more in line with there barrel. Well done, sir. What are the cartridges made from?

Maets

Quote from: Artfagdirtbug on April 26, 2011, 04:57:33 AM
Very nice. I see some STEN parts in there. My only piece of constructive criticism would be to bend the scope mount just a tad so that the optics are more in line with there barrel. Well done, sir. What are the cartridges made from?

Thanks.

In person the scope seems right, but in the picture it sure does look high.  The cartridges and the cylinder are from a hydraulic tractor motor/pump.  Found the parts months ago for two motors, but only 11 total cylinders (cartridges).  Nine are needed for a full set.  The other two, I will make part of the stand.  It would be nice to find more of these parts, but I'm not holding my breath.

Maets

Finished the stand/charging station for my latest gun.  Also made a silencer for it.  You know how loud steam guns can be. ;)

Captain Billbill

Professor Griffiths

Quote from: maduncle on April 26, 2011, 10:33:34 AM
Quote from: Professor Griffiths on April 26, 2011, 08:00:21 AM
I don't own this gun but I saw it a magazine today and let me tell you it has a very steampunk element, lets see if you can spot it.

Coonan Classic .357 Magnum Automatic

Um, the symbol on the grip?

And Maets - well done (again) on the gunsmithing, outstanding work there.

Artfagdirtbug

My latest work in progress. The photo could be more clear, but I'll take better pics when it is complete. It's been going on for some time now and I keep adding more to it. By the time I am finished, it should be one of the most ridiculously over complicated guns I've built yet. The plan is to add a lot of etched brass trim once I'm satisfied with the amount of gadgets hanging off of the rifle. I may even build a leather harness to hold a live mouse inside the glass tube for extra weirdness.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Professor Griffiths

Quote from: Artfagdirtbug on April 28, 2011, 12:42:49 AM
My latest work in progress. The photo could be more clear, but I'll take better pics when it is complete. It's been going on for some time now and I keep adding more to it. By the time I am finished, it should be one of the most ridiculously over complicated guns I've built yet. The plan is to add a lot of etched brass trim once I'm satisfied with the amount of gadgets hanging off of the rifle. I may even build a leather harness to hold a live mouse inside the glass tube for extra weirdness.
Spoiler: ShowHide

That is an amazing rifle sir.

maduncle

"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

Mr. Hatchett

When Friday comes, we'll all call rats fish.

Artfagdirtbug

Hey Professor, knock it off with the invisible ink. I forgot my spy goggles.  ;)

maduncle

Professor Griffiths

It is entirely the fault of my Aetheric Wireless Communication Device. The damn headset didn't include my messae after the quote. So I be to modify it ater once learning the mistake.

So apologies my good gentlemen.

maduncle

Quote from: Professor Griffiths on April 29, 2011, 04:03:26 AM
It is entirely the fault of my Aetheric Wireless Communication Device. The damn headset didn't include my messae after the quote. So I be to modify it ater once learning the mistake.

So apologies my good gentlemen.

Yeah, but did I spot the steampunk element in the air pistol? I can't sleep until I know!

Professor Griffiths

Gunslinger67

Quote from: Captain Billbill on April 26, 2011, 06:38:58 PM
Well Done Maets and thanks for Mark 2

Yes , indeed  . . . . a very cool looking rifle , and a very cool intro into the Mk II thread as well .
.....and the road becomes my bride .
Μολὼν λαβέ

Engineer

Now I have a clean and tidy workbench in my garage I really must get back to some gun projects. Watch this space ....

TheSteamyPunk

Good day; ladies, gents, and all around scoundrels. May i introduce myself? Well regardless of your answer i will anyways. Im the Steamy Punk. and your weapons fasinacte me. (seriously i was drooling over my keyboard looking at some of the slug slingers and ray guns.) They have quite inspired me to build my own. Any advice for a brand new steampunk enthusiast?
Carpe Diem, Memento Mori

Maets

Quote from: TheSteamyPunk on May 04, 2011, 06:40:24 AM
They have quite inspired me to build my own. Any advice for a brand new steampunk enthusiast?
As you can see the the possibilities are endless, so just have a go at it.  We look forward to seeing what you can do.

TheSteamyPunk

Thanks, and i look forward to seeing more lovely tools of disentigration, dismemberment, and all around destruction :D
Carpe Diem, Memento Mori