News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

A Collective Thread for All Them Guns Pt. II

Started by Herr Döktor, April 25, 2011, 05:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbury Shakes

Quote from: JohnOdin on May 10, 2011, 09:19:41 PM
Well its Waltz on the Wye for us this weekend so its time for some steampunk gun.

I started off with a plastic gun (yeah I know  :-[ ) from a poundland playset.

After having a play with the rubber dart mechanism I removed it and reversed the inner barrel, we are on a tight buget so this was made with bits and pieces I had in the garage, some red acryilc paint and some silver car touch up paint.

Some copper wire and a lengh of copper brake pipe, and the missus did the fillegree with nail varnish.

A buget prop for £1 and a root around the garage...

I used a similar £1 gun as a base myself

The grip sent into this one
Spoiler: ShowHide

And the Barrel into this

JohnOdin

Oh I like the triple barrel, Gives me ideas :)

And a touch of the Mauser in the second one?

Thomas MSwift

That triple barrel array was a set of trumpet or cornet valves in a previous life! DE-lightful!
"The realm between planets is filled with the luminiferous ether."

Professor Griffiths

Quote from: NicholasTheRed on June 17, 2011, 05:22:10 AM
Quote from: Professor Griffiths on June 17, 2011, 04:26:30 AM

Oh I like that gun, oh yes I do.

Many thanks.  Though I must warn you, you are complementing a confederate lol.

I don't think it looks to bad for my first gun, and a complete scratch built at that.  Only plastic part is the pvc barrel.  I've made a few other things; an eye chart and model airship for the flight school I put on at the Emerald City Steampunk Expo in Wichita last November. But this is the first carry around prop that I've built.  I've got a few construction shots if anyone is interested in seeing them

Your not the only Rebel I stand against. I do find it odd we share the same last name though!

Danbury Shakes

Quote from: JohnOdin on June 20, 2011, 01:11:04 PM
Oh I like the triple barrel, Gives me ideas :)

And a touch of the Mauser in the second one?

A pot metal toy Mauser pistol modded a little.  It's smaller that the real thing

Quote from: Thomas MSwift on June 20, 2011, 11:28:04 PM
  That triple barrel array was a set of trumpet or cornet valves in a previous life! DE-lightful!

Absolutely correct, a battered non functioning £10 trumpet from a charity shop

josecou

hmm... i have been thinking of making a candle holder that i found at a thrift store into a ray gun. All it really needs is a handle. I'll try to post a picture sometime later.

Parallax

Hey guys, I'm killing two birds with one stone here since I hadn't posted here yet and therefore haven't been getting automatic updates and I actually have a purpose to post now=D So I just started this thread for my work in progress and wasn't going to post the pix here since it wasn't finished but it's been like 5 whole minutes and nobody has posted so extreme measures must be taken=P

Anyways here's the item of question...

and here's the thread that post should be made in...ideally

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31463.0.html

maduncle

Bit of a 'Sunday quicky' here.

At the market this morning I picked up one of those old electric massage vibrator machines that already look like a ray gun, ripped out the broken motor and the electrics, added a vase barrel to the front and an oxy-acetalyne gauge on the top, polished up the bits and got myself another ray gun.

It looks a bit 'Flash Gordon' ish, but I do like the polished steel and brass combination look.
"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

markf

Quote from: maduncle on June 26, 2011, 11:32:50 AM

At the market this morning I picked up one of those old electric massage vibrator machines that already look like a ray gun, ripped out the broken motor and the electrics, added a vase barrel to the front and an oxy-acetalyne gauge on the top, polished up the bits and got myself another ray gun.

It looks a bit 'Flash Gordon' ish, but I do like the polished steel and brass combination look.
Pretty neat, and given its vibrating roots, our Lady Clankington would be proud of you (though I suspect she'd probably characterize it as a bit Flesh Gordon-ish).  markf
US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd

maduncle

For those who missed out on getting a WETA Rightous Bison unpainted for the RPF competition - there are now a few in stock following cancellations.

http://www.wetanz.com/the-righteous-bison-unpainted/from/brand

Remember - you need to be an RPF forum member to get one.
"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

Vermithrax

G'day all,

As you can see by the post count, I am probably the rawest of newbs floating around at the moment. Anyways, this evening at the shops I was looking wistfully over the nerf gun display with an eye to make my first steampunk conversion. My son noticed and asked what I was planning, telling me after that I CAN HAVE HIS COLLECTION...!!! (He prefers swords and his Xbox)

This is what I have to play with now, in honour of his donation though, I want to do the collection justice...

Suggestions greatly appreciated before I start any cutting/drilling etc...

Cheers

Maets

Get your son involved in the mods is my number one suggestion.  The best result would be inspiring your son to make things with his hands and not just play with xbox.  You have plenty to work with.  Start with a joint project, then maybe a little competition between to the two of you.  Best of luck. Keep us posted please.

Parallax

Quote from: maduncle on June 26, 2011, 11:32:50 AM

What's the fastest you've ever clocked a buggy going and how much was the citation officer? lol, jk=P

MagnaRyu

I found this cool looking gun on a wholesale site.
http://www.escoimports.com/toys-by-theme/guns-swords/9-cap-gun

It looks really cool and i love how it breaks to load in the cap rings for it.  A little modification and you could make it into a futuristic gun that takes "energy cells".

The only thing is you have to buy in bulk which is 24 of these guns for like 30bucks

I've found other cool looking guns just begging to be modified from that site.

Drew P

$30 seems pretty good. If they're not too poorly made you could make each one different or make two bandoliers and wear them in a 'x' with 12 on each side-hello  ::)
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

MagnaRyu

Quote from: Drew P on July 04, 2011, 08:25:49 PM
$30 seems pretty good. If they're not too poorly made you could make each one different or make two bandoliers and wear them in a 'x' with 12 on each side-hello  ::)

that would be bad ass

Professor Griffiths

Quote from: MagnaRyu on July 05, 2011, 05:00:07 AM

that would be bad ass

My god that's a great idea!

MagnaRyu

You can also buy a box of Pirate Pistols and Rifles from the site as well

josecou

Quote from: MagnaRyu on July 03, 2011, 08:47:34 PM

I've found other cool looking guns just begging to be modified from that site.

There are a lot of cool guns there! I like the pirate pistol and the sparkling space gun.

Swayback

Hey-
  Very Inspriring guns.   I finally decided to jump in and build a steampunk gun.  I make lots of things, but never worked with brass much.  So a Iearned a bunch of new skills and had a good time doing it.  Here's what I came up with:

It's built from candle holders and lamp parts.  There are LEDs behind marble finials (I was really pleased with how the light reflects from all the bubbles in the glass) and in the sight.

Now I'm trying to decide what to do next with all the leftover parts.

Thanks for looking.

Ocelot

That's superb, and I love the lighting effects.  Smashing work!
"It just...  Sort of...  Came off."

Maets

Angus A Fitziron

A gun with balls, in more ways than one...

Nice job!
Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"

SpaceClown

Quote from: Swayback on July 06, 2011, 03:28:19 PM
Hey-
  Very Inspriring guns.   I finally decided to jump in and build a steampunk gun.  I make lots of things, but never worked with brass much.  So a Iearned a bunch of new skills and had a good time doing it.  Here's what I came up with:

It's built from candle holders and lamp parts.  There are LEDs behind marble finials (I was really pleased with how the light reflects from all the bubbles in the glass) and in the sight.

Thanks for looking.

Very, very cool.  sleek, elegant and looks highly functional.  Kudos

SC
There is no problem in the world that cannot be overcome with the suitable application of high explosives.

First Build: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31253.0.html
Second One: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,38856.0.html

Captain Braid

Quote from: Swayback on July 06, 2011, 03:28:19 PM
Hey-

Thanks for looking.

Oh My, that is rather splendid.
"Now I'm trying to decide what to do next with all the leftover parts." ...May I suggest another gun?
Experienced enough to know my limitations,
Old enough to know better,
Relaxed enough not to care.