News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Not So Secret Society

Started by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz, October 07, 2011, 01:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cubinoid

I propose the following:

In order to confound those that are not members, we should all agree to shake hands with people in a really unusual manner (ie: with the ring finger folded inwards or somesuch) and then scowl and shake our heads at anyone who attempts one, with the words, "No, that's not the new handshake. I guess you are not a member..." and then promptly refuse to say anything further on the subject...
We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:

Mercury Wells

Quote from: Cubinoid on October 09, 2011, 04:08:59 PM
I propose the following:

In order to confound those that are not members, we should all agree to shake hands with people in a really unusual manner (ie: with the ring finger folded inwards or somesuch) and then scowl and shake our heads at anyone who attempts one, with the words, "No, that's not the new handshake. I guess you are not a member..." and then promptly refuse to say anything further on the subject...

If I can follow that suggestion with a idea about the decor?, I think that it should be fresh and inspiring yet with subtle hints of understated opulence and possible menaces, I know that some Secret Societies are either "doom & gloom school of decorating or "Ultra Modern:- brushed steel and glass". Look what happens to them in the long run they never seem to last.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

psn1der

No windows though.  We'd have to hang black-out curtains and then ALL the neighbors would be wondering what we were trying to hide...which is nothing, of course.  From what I've read, curtains were the beginning of the end for several societies of the type we might be referring to.  But aren't.

Cubinoid

Quote from: psn1der on October 11, 2011, 04:45:15 AM
No windows though.  We'd have to hang black-out curtains and then ALL the neighbors would be wondering what we were trying to hide...which is nothing, of course.  From what I've read, curtains were the beginning of the end for several societies of the type we might be referring to.  But aren't.

It definitely was curtains for them in more ways than one. They drew to a close as a result.

MWBailey

Not a member? Ha. I could be the High Panjandrum, and nobody'd be the wiser...
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Jupiter Harsh

*slowly and quietly slides down the chimney* [if ther isn't one I'll damm well make one! quietly and silently]
*sees that nobody's noticed his presence, extracts small smoke granade and very small flashbang granade, pulls both rings and hurls them to the ground shouting:*

CA-POW, BEHOLD!
Veni, vidi, castratavi illegittimos
"But we don't really live in the past; we live in the present as it should have been if the entire 20th century hadn't gone so horribly wrong!"

psn1der

"Oh, lovely.  Jupiter has arrived.  We can finally start the not so secret society meeting.  First order of business..."

Wormster

Is if we have monkey butlers, Igors or minions!
Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!

psn1der

My personal preference is minions.  Growing up, I was raised by some very steadfast minions.  They are some of the best people, you know.

Monkey Butlers always remind me of

MWBailey

that one's gone to the dogs, apparently...

KABAR2

Knock, Knock..... Hey did someone here order these trenchcoats?
Alter-ego Baron Rinehold Tredmore on Sparegoggles

Fairley B. Strange

Trench-coats? Gawd no - that would be for the Dieselpunk Not So Secret Society... down the street to your left, take a right at the first corner, then left up the dark alley.

You're sure there isn't also a delivery of Cloaks and Daggers in that lot?

(Historical note - Trench-coats, like all things 'trench-related' are from 1914-etc)
Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

psn1der

MWBailey

psn1der

Mercury Wells

Initiation goggles which look just like everyday goggles to the uninitiated.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

psn1der

Any other business to discuss?

Plots?
World domination plans?
Tea time?

Mercury Wells

A few gardening plots (Allotments) would be nice.

psn1der

Enough room for a hedgerow maze, maybe?

Mercury Wells

psn1der

Splendid, we'll notify the not so secret gardeners via the not so secret messengers.

Cubinoid

Quote from: Jupiter Harsh on October 15, 2011, 01:27:15 PM
*slowly and quietly slides down the chimney* [if ther isn't one I'll damm well make one! quietly and silently]
*sees that nobody's noticed his presence, extracts small smoke granade and very small flashbang granade, pulls both rings and hurls them to the ground shouting:*

CA-POW, BEHOLD!

I am still confused as to why Jupiter threw those two rings on the ground and then disappeared in a flash of smoke?

Lady Chrystal

I think the answer may be a genuine secret...
"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."

Cubinoid

We'd best put these rings along with the rest in the secret stash...behind the - you know what.

psn1der

Of course you should.  Only the you-know-what has been moved to a secret compound...But here's a cryptic map.  Try this.