News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

A cosmic thing of beauty

Started by NazT, August 23, 2007, 01:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outa_Spaceman

Drake White

Maybe we can arrange some kind of ninja warehouse raid and get ourselves a few of them..

Thipp

Heh, I dare say that at "well into seven figures" you should probably grab what ever is avaliable if you are going to go to the trouble of bringing ninjas along.

Yuri

I suppose I could make room on my desk for that <shoves pile of Egyptian statuary and assorted unfired ammunition aside>  There.  I shall place it... there.

Where you start doesn't determine how far you will go - the people who believe they can, and the people who believe they cannot, are both right.

SomewhatSavvy

Oooo..... :o I simply adore that!!! How grand!

Outa_Spaceman

Quote from: Thipp on August 23, 2007, 05:36:24 PM
Heh, I dare say that at "well into seven figures" you should probably grab what ever is avaliable if you are going to go to the trouble of bringing ninjas along.
Suppose we could use goths instead of ninjas... They'er cheap, they wear black, they'er expendable.. I'm afraid to say only some form of criminal enterprise is going to get me my Xmas prezzie...

Drake White

Quote from: Outa_Spaceman on August 23, 2007, 07:27:40 PM
Quote from: Thipp on August 23, 2007, 05:36:24 PM
Suppose we could use goths instead of ninjas... They'er cheap, they wear black, they'er expendable.. I'm afraid to say only some form of criminal enterprise is going to get me my Xmas prezzie...

Anyone got a goth army we can borrow?

Yuri

A Goth Army..?  I can see it now, with everyone wearing old sergeant stripes - "Aren't ANY of you corporals?!"
Where you start doesn't determine how far you will go - the people who believe they can, and the people who believe they cannot, are both right.

Thipp

I am not sure how motivated a goth army would really be, seems to me they may spend more time talking about how dark they are then actually raiding. You are right though, they would be much cheaper. Have you priced ninjas recently? I don't know about your side of the pond but over here what you used to be able to afford for a whole squad with poisons and tricks included now gets you one junior grade ninja without any frills.

Yuri

...and all too often, the "highly trained ninja assassin" that DOES answer the advert turns out instead to be some out of shape kid wearing a Naruto headband, smelling of Cheetos.  The nerve.

Yuri

Tinkergirl

Alas, I would have suggested villiansupply.com, but it seems that the page no longer exists in its old form - and the wayback machine doesn't have it either.  Such a shame, as it would have provided Paris-based fashion designers to kit out your team of femme fatales, dehumanising jumpsuits for your hoards of henchmen, and large red self destruct buttons for your secret hideouts.  (Hard to find a really tempting red button for such things.)

HAC

The large red button can be easily de-constructed from one a Staple's Easy Button...
You could do something like this:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/377612/hack_the_staples_easy_button_make_it_say_what_you_want/

to have it pronounce a warning of Doom, and a countdown...

Cheers
Harold
You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.

Col. Adrianna Hazard

Quote from: HAC on August 24, 2007, 07:41:00 PM
The large red button can be easily de-constructed from one a Staple's Easy Button...

I was just going to suggest that! Oh well, you know what they say about great minds...

Angus D. Murphy

Quote from: Col. Adrianna Hazard on August 24, 2007, 08:10:01 PM
Quote from: HAC on August 24, 2007, 07:41:00 PM

I was just going to suggest that! Oh well, you know what they say about great minds...

Well, as long as they are alive, I think most people say "Completely mad, loopy, lost their marbles, etc., etc."
What's the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can't blow something up?
-Sir Terry Pratchett

Sir Theodore Catchpole