News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by Nikandedd, March 05, 2007, 05:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arcane

A Steampunk LARP sounds like it would be outstanding.

Sinjun

Quote from: Anaesthesius on September 04, 2007, 04:05:57 AM
I have been called mad, but I contend that men & women of science ought to tidy up after themselves and sign up for the centrifuge prior to use. 

Oh, this did make me laugh.

"Igor, did you take a brain without signing the log? Do you know what happens when you take a brain out of the lab without signing the log?!"
More punk than steam.

danger

Hello~ I'm Manda. I've only recently learned about Steam Punk from a friend, and the more I find out about it, the more I love it. I found this forum after asking about the elements of steam punk,for an art project, on a livejournal community.
<3~

Markus Stratus

DANGIT!!! don't you just love it when you've done a fair amount of typing and you off it up some how by closing the tab, or pushing the back button!!!

Introduction #2..... !>.<!

Ok, So I've been floating around the forum for a while now but only recently discovered this topic. To start out, Hi, I'm Mark van Weerd (pronounced "weird" in English. and sometimes I spell weird like weerd, it's intentional) but I chose to use markus stratus because I use that name in my email and other various places. I see it fit to use it for my Steampunk name.

I like Green, Crafts (making things of metal, cloth, wood, leather, etc.) and Metaphysics (or other weird stuff).

Of cloth I've made alot of my wardrobe and things for other people as well. I use an old 60 yr. old Singer sewing machine.
Spoiler: ShowHide
I prefer to use this because it has NO plastic parts (it doesn't even have a belt to replace), it's simple to use and fix, and it'll sew anything I desire as long as it can fit under the foot.

Of metal, well I've had 7 semesters of jewelry making in highschool (taking advanced and basic over again many times) and I can do alot of work at home where I have a nice selection of tools, but there's alot of room for tools I don't have. I've also done welding, made armour, and other random metalworks.

Recently I've been doing more and more leatherwork. Including watches (which I've posted under tactile), belts
Bottle slings
etc.

If you're interested in seeing what else I've made before, check out http://marcusstratus.deviantart.com

I'm one of those guys who've enjoyed Steampunk before he new of it's existence. like for example, my avatar, I did before I new of steampunk... I think I was thinking along the lines of willywonka goggles.

Anyhow, cheers all
Mark
As Above, So below.

Samuel

Alrighty!

Hey there! My names Sam (but going with all the neo-victorian and steampunk influences, i registered as Samuel). I live in Sydney, i'm 17, am interested in swordsmanship, as well as pretty much anything old. I was pretty much steampunk for years, but i didn't know it had this sort of culture. I'm not too hands on- but i'm working on a chest at the moment, and i plan on putting all my steam/old stuff in there, books, flat cap, old style knives... a topped up hipflask?  ;)

Nice to be here!

-Samuel

-Sam.

KatarinaNavane

Quote from: Markus Stratus on September 08, 2007, 06:22:53 AM
DANGIT!!! don't you just love it when you've done a fair amount of typing and you off it up some how by closing the tab, or pushing the back button!!!

Introduction #2..... !>.<!

Ok, So I've been floating around the forum for a while now but only recently discovered this topic. To start out, Hi, I'm Mark van Weerd (pronounced "weird" in English. and sometimes I spell weird like weerd, it's intentional) but I chose to use markus stratus because I use that name in my email and other various places. I see it fit to use it for my Steampunk name.

I like Green, Crafts (making things of metal, cloth, wood, leather, etc.) and Metaphysics (or other weird stuff).

Of cloth I've made alot of my wardrobe and things for other people as well. I use an old 60 yr. old Singer sewing machine.
I prefer to use this because it has NO plastic parts (it doesn't even have a belt to replace), it's simple to use and fix, and it'll sew anything I desire as long as it can fit under the foot.

Of metal, well I've had 7 semesters of jewelry making in highschool (taking advanced and basic over again many times) and I can do alot of work at home where I have a nice selection of tools, but there's alot of room for tools I don't have. I've also done welding, made armour, and other random metalworks.

Recently I've been doing more and more leatherwork. Including watches (which I've posted under tactile), belts
Bottle slings
etc.

If you're interested in seeing what else I've made before, check out http://marcusstratus.deviantart.com

I'm one of those guys who've enjoyed Steampunk before he new of it's existence. like for example, my avatar, I did before I new of steampunk... I think I was thinking along the lines of willywonka goggles.

Anyhow, cheers all
Mark

'Bout time you introduced yourself, you slacker! ^_^
You already know I <3 your stuff.  Gotta love the Final Fantasy belt too.  I'm more of a Yuna than a Rikku tho... 

My one and only cosplay (so far): 
Halloween some 3 or 4 years ago.

mine

Hi all!  :)  I've been coming to the brassgoggles blog for a while now and have visited the forum a few times and decided I would register.

One of my interests is mechanically powered watches, mostly ones that don't work! Why ones that don't work? Because they are cheap and I have stuff all income! I get them from ebay mostly. I like working watches but they cost much more than I can spare. I love the mechanical side of the watches, some of the movements are so beautiful. I do have watches that work, some work well others not so well. I have some very old watches ( some have hinge opening fronts and backs ). I don't have a huge collection and I look forward to getting more when I can find ( and afford ) ones I find interesting.

I would love to get good close up pictures of them but I don't have a camera with a macro setting  :(

I'll see you around :)

Ettie

Hello everyone!

I am new to this Steampunk forum and i thought i would join!
I have always love the Victorian era and the 30's and 40's era that i soon started to move to the Steampunk fashion!
I hope to met a lot of new wonderful people on this forum!!

Augustus Dayafter

Hello Ladies and Gents,
I am new to the Steampunk world. I caught the bug from a friend after working with him on designing a new RPG. He said that he wanted some "Steampunk Elements" involved and I asked what that was all about. In answer, he sent me Datamancer's WSJ interview video. I fell in love immediately (with Steampunk, not Datamancer) and started downloading Steampunk magazine. I have been making and selling a lot of wood craft at renfairs and such for several years and have been working in the IT field for a lot longer. When I saw all of this Steampunk styled stuff, I went crazy. Blending two of my most favorite things in a way that I had never thought about amazed me. So, now here I am with my Steampunk name (Curtis is my real name btw) and several Steampunk projects littering my workshop (mostly props for a Steampunk web-series that we are cooking up) floor and workbenches. Now I have decided that since this seems to be THE place to hang out, that I need to be here too. Reading through most of the archives, I realize that I am indeed among some truly amazing people. You ladies and gents are positively bubbling over with pure talent! I look forward to making some really great friends here. Thank you for all of your time and energy in making this lifestyle and art style such an amazing world to live in.

-Dr. Augustus Dayafter

IvanDrugostrov

Quote from: Augustus Dayafter on September 12, 2007, 04:46:59 AM
I fell in love immediately (with Steampunk, not Datamancer)
There's no shame in admitting it. C'mon, you know you want him. ^_Q
Support your local struggling author!
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Augustus Dayafter

Well, he is kinda pretty...

;D

Storminformin

Good morning ladies and Gentlemen

First I would like to apologies for the relative lateness of my introduction, it was rude of me not to introduce myself when I joined the boards, but I've been out in the world for a while. Secondly I would like to introduce myself, my name is Jonathan Boissonade, and I have recently discovered steam punk. I'm a student at the University of Birmingham, entering my third year of Biomedical material science. I had no real knowledge of steam punk as a whole until I hoped a link from MAKE to Brassgoggles. Needless to say I discovered steam punk and after a little research came to the conclusion that there was a reason I like Dibnar and Verne.

I have always been into a large number of films and books which you could class as steam punk (20,000 leagues under the sea and so forth), and I have always loved anything which clicks, clunks, pings, pangs, hisses and requires constant monitoring, lest it explode. My whole family are a bunch of pyromaniacs with a passion for tinkering, which means that where possible I dismantle anything and repair, rebuild, 'borrow' it. I  have also achieved the role similar of that of the fiddler from the great escape in my house, as the person who if they don't have it, will build it in five minutes, in a Heath Robinson manor (preferably with something unwieldy and complicated).

Just wanted to say hello and that I love this place

Well goodday fo you all
I say old bean! I must express my astonishment of you claim! Is this a fact, or a clever ruse?

Hello Paddy. I know your here somewhere :)

God of Blasphemy

Hello! I am new! My name is MADison, Lady Steampunk on Myspace (myspace.com/madness323) In case youre interested :)

I live in Southern Californa (Glendora, anyone heard of it? No? Thats what I figured..) I'm 18, and I'm an independent crafter.

This is mee-

And these are my steampunk wings!

(Sorry if the pictures are big and disruptive to the thread...)

I'm super excited to have found this forum, and hope I make lots of spiffy new friends here, because I have very few friends with similar interests as myself at the moment.

Gwen Grimm

Will, I've been signed up for a few days, but most a lurking, so I guess it's time I introduce myself. :D  ( Actually, I know one of you from another place.... Hey Markus Stratus, it's me FrockTarts, from deviant Art!  :P I was mighty surprise when I realized you were here to, but I shouldn't be. ) 
My name is Jennifer, and I live the northwest corner of Arkansas... (right in the middle of nowhere)  Anyway, I'm quite new to "steampunk" though I do love "playing dress up"....    I love to sew and make things, though I freely admit I'm not so good on more mechanical aspects.
I work in a small small family business that consists of me, my brother and sister, and my parents makeing hand made arts and crafts furniture.  Uuummm, that's all I can tink of for now.

Yuri

Quote from: God of Blasphemy on September 13, 2007, 08:46:58 PM
Hello! I am new! My name is MADison, Lady Steampunk on Myspace (myspace.com/madness323) In case youre interested :)

I live in Southern Californa (Glendora, anyone heard of it? No? Thats what I figured..) I'm 18, and I'm an independent crafter.

This is mee-

And these are my steampunk wings!

(Sorry if the pictures are big and disruptive to the thread...)

I'm super excited to have found this forum, and hope I make lots of spiffy new friends here, because I have very few friends with similar interests as myself at the moment.

Welcome in, Maddy!  *Love* the wings.  :)

Yuri
Where you start doesn't determine how far you will go - the people who believe they can, and the people who believe they cannot, are both right.

Augustus Dayafter

Madam, your wings are spectacular!

God of Blasphemy

Thank you guys very much :) I'm saving up to get the wings colored to look like brass.

Ettie

prisonbreak

your wings are gorgeous~

And while I'm at it, and introductory post for my self.
So the other day I crawled out briefly from under the rock I live (how one can still live under a rock while being attached to the internet most of the time isn't very likely, but it does happen), and discovered steampunk.
About myself. I am 16 (the youngest on this board so far as I can tell). I like costuming, drawing and painting, reading historical novels, and cooking.
I am firstly an anime/manga fan, then gamer, but I have always been interested in historical dress and machinery. My mum is also an avid costumer, and put me in my first costume at the age of 11 months, and took me to my first Ren fair a couple months later. I have been attending Science Fiction & Fantasy conventions my entire life, and Anime conventions for the past 5 years.
I will stop here, as I can't think of anything else worth mentioning about myself.

I'm really glad I found out about steampunk, and hope to have a lot of fun on this forum. :)

Suzanne

Hullo.. I'm new here too. *waves nervously*

I was forced to join this glorious community by my embalmed armadillo who's really into steampunk (he's currently working on a brass full-body exoskeleton for armadillos). However, he can't type properly due to a post-mortal deformation of his little feet caused by an extended rigor mortis.

Anyway.. I guess I'll be rather quiet here and only post when he has something important to tell the world.

Bye for now.

Yuri

Quote from: Suzanne on September 15, 2007, 04:22:41 PM
Hullo.. I'm new here too. *waves nervously*

Welcome in - and what a wonderful website you have.  I encourage visitation of same.

v/r
Yuri
Where you start doesn't determine how far you will go - the people who believe they can, and the people who believe they cannot, are both right.

Suzanne

Oooh! Thank you very much indeed for the warm welcome and your kind words. *takes a bow*

Clym Angus

What a wonderful Panzerschwein.

I hope it gets over it's nasty case of death.

Hello and welcome.

Suzanne

Quote from: Clym Angus on September 16, 2007, 01:52:27 PM
I hope it gets over it's nasty case of death.

Apart from a nasty maggot infection he's fine.

He spends his days reading taxidermy books. Here he can be seen reading Accidental Taxidermist by Scott Musgrove - a book I can highly recommend to all Gürteltierchen and human beings.

Yuri

Hmmm...  A Seven-banded armored-pig, or what?  Wherever did you find her?

I lived in Austin until recently and the hinterlands were well populated with the awkward, funny critters.  Unfortunately, as far as I can determine, they are all laying alongside the road, assuming ambient temperature.

v/r Yuri