News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Log of the HMAS Marigold OOC Thread

Started by MWBailey, December 06, 2011, 10:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stella Gaslight

That is pretty much what happened in the end. While the others were fighting I snuck over and got the book before it could get tosted by the other mage in the party.
I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight

Evelyn Adler

Good night me hearties, don't blow the ship up!  ;D
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

walkthebassline

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

MWBailey

Quote from: Evelyn Adler on December 20, 2011, 01:08:11 AM
Good night me hearties, don't blow the ship up!  ;D

AAAwwwww, geeee, why  NOOOootttt... :'(

;) :D
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Stella Gaslight

Starling is about to blow a hole in the other ship. Does that count?

Look for me on Etsy

MWBailey

MWBailey

I have a question (well, a couple or three, actually)

1. What did the Lt. and Hawthorne secure with the harpoons?
2. What is Joe actually doing (he seems to be absconding with the formula, trying to take the Marigold and stranding everyone else in the process)?
3. I'm assuming we're all planning to return to the Marigold?

It seems as though there are three distinct subplots working; I'd like to get them all back together in one place (the Marigold?). there is more than one possibility for escape, if someone steals or destroys the Marigold(like stealing one of Treadstone's powered sailplanes, or a Treadstone airship, for two examples).

Private Weasel

Well we're heading back to the main group now.  I think I can answer the Harpoon question.

I would expect the Harpoon launchers are wrapped around bulkheads and each other on the Dagger. Also they were fired through porthole windows, so they may be held fast by the launcher being held sideways across a portal window, but that would be a last resort -they're embedded in the frame work of the Zeppelin 

Evelyn Adler

We sort of wove the Nirgalian Dagger and the Zeppelin together, so that they can't follow us. The plan was to split and to regroup half an hour later at the landing deck opposite the Marigold.
Right?
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

MWBailey

Originally, yes, but Joe has relocated the Marigold somewhat; I take it he's managed to steal some of Treadstone's anti-greenmouth serum or some such, and was trying to leave with it and strand the others (or at least that was how it read to my eyes), and had to return to teh docking area, then for some reason or other ended up back aboard the Dagger, and was trying to get across that expanse that Rourke, Starling, and Redburn attacked across (part of their reason for doing so was to aid Joe, and part was to give cover for Starling to shoot out th LZ-7s engines).

I just wanted to make sure that I didnt leave anyone out or neglect anyone's subplot.

Evelyn Adler

Question: I take it we'll return not via the ship's corridors but using the wingpacks?
This is going to be fun!  :-\

MWBailey

It would seem to be the most expedient alternative, yes. ;)

walkthebassline

I had to make a slight detour, but now we should be on track to rendezvous at the Marigold. I beg MWBailey's indulgence. Redburn's Southern pride was wounded, as well as leg.
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

Private Weasel

You did leave him alive didn't you?  That man had serious Nemesis potential :P

walkthebassline

Meh, he could still be alive. That'll be up to the GM. He's out cold for right now though, and I assume he'll be presumed dead. I'm seeing a return as a clockwork "cyborg" though. Maybe similar to the assassin from Hellboy.

~ David St. Hubbins

Private Weasel

That would be cool. Of course, we should always presume they're dead.

MWBailey

Quote from: walkthebassline on December 20, 2011, 09:07:18 PM
Meh, he could still be alive. That'll be up to the GM. He's out cold for right now though, and I assume he'll be presumed dead. I'm seeing a return as a clockwork "cyborg" though. Maybe similar to the assassin from Hellboy.

Hm. Eh. Eh heh heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh *cough*ahem*... ;D

walkthebassline

A good Big Bad Evil Guy should always be presumed dead. Or failing that they should be presumed to be immortal.

~ David St. Hubbins

Evelyn Adler

Jumping off an airship with only a wingpack on your back, when you're seriously afraid of heights. Yay!

walkthebassline

What is the status of the massive storm we passed through on our way in? Is it still there or did it dissipate? Inquiring pilots want to know.

~ David St. Hubbins

Evelyn Adler

The storm ended when Starling pulled the dagger from the ceiling.

MWBailey

The storm's gone, but the Nirgalian Dagger is now self-destructing...*evil snicker* ;D

Evelyn Adler

MWBailey

MOO HOO HOO HAW HAW HAW

*ahem*

Sorry about that little outburst. Handthorpe's just a little too much of a tenacious b*stard to die just yet...

Stella Gaslight

I think starling is going to want to keep the wing pack.  It suits her.

Look for me on Etsy