News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Re: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 3)

Started by Stella Gaslight, March 21, 2012, 03:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stella Gaslight

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight

Lord Wraste

I look forward to following this thread too!

Stella, if I may? I think you should post a link to this thread at the end of the last one.
It may seem obvious, this one is stickied right next to the last one, but it may make the transition easier. :)

D.Oakes

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler

Stella Gaslight

sure I can do that and a link to the first one if I can get it to work right.  that thread will be the death of me.
I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight

Capt. Dirigible

This was taken at the 3rd Foot & Mouth Regimental Dinner in Wales a few weeks back when I was doing my Terry-Thomas impression.
Spoiler: ShowHide

"I say! You chaps are an absolute shower!"
I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

walkthebassline

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on March 21, 2012, 11:29:31 AM
This was taken at the 3rd Foot & Mouth Regimental Dinner in Wales a few weeks back when I was doing my Terry-Thomas impression.

"I say! You chaps are an absolute shower!"

Looking good Captain! I quite like the fez.
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

OswaldBastable

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre

Kayt

Thanks to the people who complimented my pictures at the end of the last thread! :)
"The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Prof. Michael Masters

You most certainly deserve those complements my dear. Your craftsmanship is excellent. \

The dresses look stunning and You do too.

Your boyfriends outfit is quite sharp also.
From the Desk of:

Professor Michael Masters
Aether Academy Headmaster

walkthebassline

Pictures of my outfit for the Tampa Bay Steampunk Society's invasion of the Bay Area Renaissance Festival.

For my first attempt I'm pretty happy with it. There are some details I want to alter, but this is what I had available at the time.

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

Cordelia Forward

Are those cards in your hat? Very cool  ;D

Here we are playing about in the Dunedin Gas Works Museum and the Railway Station

Tea Vicar? or shall we crack open another Sherry?

Fineas Squidd

Quote from: walkthebassline on March 22, 2012, 02:09:49 AM
Pictures of my outfit for the Tampa Bay Steampunk Society's invasion of the Bay Area Renaissance Festival.

For my first attempt I'm pretty happy with it. There are some details I want to alter, but this is what I had available at the time.

Good first attempt, but don't be afraid to accessorise... a little thing here, a fob chain there, .. as we often say, too much is never enough.. but good first attempt especially out of stuff you had to hand.

walkthebassline

That is a card in my hat; a Joker to be precise. I thought it was fitting, seeing as how I am often accused of being sarcastic. (Me? Really? No!)

I do plan to accessorize more, I just literally had nothing else. As it was my brother and I scoured our closets and dressers looking for anything I could use. It was quite fun.

~ David St. Hubbins

Bronze Knight

My first attempt at a Steampunk outfit as well. I still need a proper pair of pants and boots to go with it tho. The Bren and Enfield are place holders until I can make my Tesla cannon.

Evelyn Adler

Quote from: walkthebassline on March 22, 2012, 02:09:49 AM

I love the outfit, it suits you really well.
Don't worry about not having the accessories to go with it now, this project will grow over time.  :)
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

OswaldBastable

Quote from: Bronze Knight on March 22, 2012, 01:34:57 PM

My first attempt at a Steampunk outfit as well. I still need a proper pair of pants and boots to go with it tho. The Bren and Enfield are place holders until I can make my Tesla cannon.

now that I REALLy like, excellent work sir

where did you get the visor from? or did you make it?

The Squire

I kilted up for St. Patrick's Day. Not so steamy, but I wanted to show off
my new kilt jacket which is cut down from an old Brooks Brother houndstooth
hacking jacket. It turned out pretty good considering my sewing skills.

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."

Bronze Knight

walkthebassline

Quote from: The Squire on March 22, 2012, 04:48:54 PM

I kilted up for St. Patrick's Day. Not so steamy, but I wanted to show off
my new kilt jacket which is cut down from an old Brooks Brother houndstooth
hacking jacket. It turned out pretty good considering my sewing skills.

That, sir, looks absolutely splendid. Excellent job on the jacket.

~ David St. Hubbins

Velkan

Told that i look like a victorian teacher.....kinda proud of that :)

OswaldBastable

Quote from: Bronze Knight on March 22, 2012, 04:52:38 PM
Quote from: OswaldBastable on March 22, 2012, 04:37:11 PM
now that I REALLy like, excellent work sir

where did you get the visor from? or did you make it?

I got that helmet from http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-1808-wwi-experimental-helmet.aspx.

ahhh I thought it looked familier I was reading a US army report from 1919 on experimental armour a few weeks ago

Uncle Arthur

Looking over a building today for a possible new woodshop.

If at first you don't succeed , CHEAT!

Countessa Lenora

So glad this thread continues on.  I love seeing all the amazing creativity!
Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk

MistressMagpie

Quote from: Countessa Lenora on March 24, 2012, 03:51:17 PM
So glad this thread continues on.  I love seeing all the amazing creativity!
Yes! I quite agree. :D
MAGPIE, n. A bird whose thievish disposition suggested to someone that it might be taught to talk.
        -- The Devil's Dictionary

Avatar made with much assistance from Ammotu's artistic talents.

walkthebassline

Quote from: Uncle Arthur on March 22, 2012, 10:06:00 PM
Looking over a building today for a possible new woodshop.

I really like this; its simple and obviously practical, but the hat suits you quite well.

~ David St. Hubbins