News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Re: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 3)

Started by Stella Gaslight, March 21, 2012, 03:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Arthur

Thank you. I just happened to be looking over an old grainery just over my property line and thought I should grab a picture. Looks like once I evict the raccoons I will be making it into a woodworking shop.
If at first you don't succeed , CHEAT!

Dr. Wilson Montgomery

Quote from: Bronze Knight on March 22, 2012, 01:34:57 PM
Spoiler: ShowHide

My first attempt at a Steampunk outfit as well. I still need a proper pair of pants and boots to go with it tho. The Bren and Enfield are place holders until I can make my Tesla cannon.

OK, that helmet/visor is seriously creepy-looking!  In the best possible way, of course.

Vampyre Master

Quote from: Bronze Knight on March 22, 2012, 01:34:57 PM

My first attempt at a Steampunk outfit as well. I still need a proper pair of pants and boots to go with it tho. The Bren and Enfield are place holders until I can make my Tesla cannon.
fantastic coat!!
V

Lady Toadflinger

At last, I have some pics for the Dress Up thread! Last weekend I participated in a treasure hunt put on by the county tourism office. Teams drove all over the county to get stamps on scorecards, complete challenges, and compete for prizes.Teams were encouraged to dress in costume.

Here we are at Preston Castle, formerly a reform school built in the 1890s, now in the restoration process.I am second from the left, my husband beside me.

I just had to check out the walk-in safe for any zombies or.....

My friend Cathy smiling for her mug shot. (sweet) Fortunately we were all paroled so we could go on to our other stops. Incidentaly, we won Best Costumes!
This isn't the Junior Chamber of Commerce, Brad!

LadyAsprin

Quote from: Lady Toadflinger on March 26, 2012, 05:23:05 PM
At last, I have some pics for the Dress Up thread! Last weekend I participated in a treasure hunt put on by the county tourism office. Teams drove all over the county to get stamps on scorecards, complete challenges, and compete for prizes.Teams were encouraged to dress in costume.

Here we are at Preston Castle, formerly a reform school built in the 1890s, now in the restoration process.I am second from the left, my husband beside me.

I just had to check out the walk-in safe for any zombies or.....

My friend Cathy smiling for her mug shot. (sweet) Fortunately we were all paroled so we could go on to our other stops. Incidentaly, we won Best Costumes!

Very nice outfits.
Only girls fight with swords these days.(Wellington - Duel and Duality - Blackadder III)

Captain Brandsson

The Missus and I at Anomaly Con 2012

And just myself

- Maximilian

Uncle Arthur

Wilhelmina Frame

I was a model in a fashion show on Friday night. Dress is by House of Canney.

Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society

Lenora

Quote from: Wilhelmina Frame on March 27, 2012, 07:47:34 AM

what's not to love about this outfit.....and your hair!!  *love* 

any pictures of the full dress?
"an adventure starts with the first footstep upon the road" - anon

Herr Döktor

Lovely as ever, Miss Frame!

:)

Captain Brandsson

- Maximilian

Flightless Phoenix

Fabulous pictures everyone. Simply wonderful.

I've not had the energy for dressing up lately but now I am inspired. Hopefully that will result in pictures in the next couple of days!

Evelyn Adler

A friend took a nice photo of me last weekend at the Watercress Line:

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

Prof. Michael Masters

I do say. You look quite stunning Ms Adler. I really do like your hat and glasses.
From the Desk of:

Professor Michael Masters
Aether Academy Headmaster

Mrs. Whatsit

I so enjoy this thread.  Best looking people on the web!
"Life, with its rules, its obligations, and its freedoms, is like a sonnet: You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself."

Herbert West

Indeed! I've been working my way through the gallery. Quite a handsome group of people we have here. :D

Hope to add mine once I get a proper collar sewn onto my shirt.
"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes

Uncle Arthur

walkthebassline

Quote from: Evelyn Adler on March 27, 2012, 09:33:35 PM

That shot reminds me of a Steampunk Janis Joplin, and I mean that as a complement. Great shot, beautiful costume, and you look stunning as always.
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

Wilhelmina Frame

Quote from: Lenora on March 27, 2012, 09:29:46 AM

what's not to love about this outfit.....and your hair!!  *love* 

any pictures of the full dress?

Not as of yet but they do exist. This was the first one that surfaced.
Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society

Gwenifer Scorpio

Beautiful! I love your glasses. :)
Quote from: lady sakara on August 05, 2009, 03:38:03 PM
Miss Scarlett in the library with the candlestick!

Gwenifer H. Scorpio, O.S.E., CALES Alumni

Evelyn Adler

Quote from: Gwenifer Scorpio on March 28, 2012, 04:51:25 PM

Beautiful! I love your glasses. :)

Thank you!  :)

These are just simple, cheap 70s style sunglasses, sometimes called John Lennon glasses.
But in combination with the outfit they're quite nice! ;)
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

Evelyn Adler

Quote from: walkthebassline on March 28, 2012, 01:17:35 AM
That shot reminds me of a Steampunk Janis Joplin, and I mean that as a complement. Great shot, beautiful costume, and you look stunning as always.

Aw! *blush*

Kryss LaBryn

I finally finished my daughter's outfit (although when these pictures were taken last week I had not yet added the details around the neck or the front of the bodice so it kind of looks a bit plain from the front) and had to take some pictures to celebrate.

I used http://pixlr.com/o-matic/ to pretty them up.

I'll share pics of the completely finished dress once I find the camera again!
"Be clean and courteous; raise your hat, And wipe your boots upon the mat: Such proofs of gentlemanly feeling Are to the ladies most appealing." The Professor's Manuscript - Dorothy L. Sayers

Frolicking Johnson

This thread(s) is so cool, I love it! I can't believe it took me so long to find it. So many great outfits. So many beautiful pics. It's just great. I've been into this steamy stuff for a short while but have only recently began to make some wearable creations, but here's a pic.  :)

Stay STEAMY!!!

Unsubtle Pete

New morning outfit, slightly more summery than my previous examples.

With his stovepipe hat and his drainpipe trousers he was a credit to his ironmonger.

NEW Discerning Scoundrel blog