News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

What Are You Listening To? Mk. 3.

Started by Rockula, December 08, 2012, 06:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysticalfairy

The Synthetic Dream Foundation - "Where drowned suns still glimmer"

Sir Henry

This has been going round and round my head since I bought it yesterday:

The Seaweed Under the Sofa - HD

which is a good thing.
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Wormster

Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!

Never mind the Cogs

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!

Rockula

First released track from 'The Cog Is Dead' 2nd album "Full Steam Ahead!" (Due out tomorrow).

The Cog is Dead - Danger on the Dance Floor
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Voltin

"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898

Alexis Voltaire

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~

Voltin

"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898

Voltin

Rockula

Sir Henry

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.

Voltin

Octavius von Gilgamesh

At the moment, I am sitting at my desk with the entirety of the Abney Park playlist.
May the gods stand between you and harm, in all the empty places where you must walk.

MWBailey

Jimmy Buffett

http://youtu.be/aGFRYI8ZfO4

"...I don't go to church, and somebody stole all my hair..."
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Sir Henry

There's a rather jolly madman on youtube who has converted a selection of my favourite prog tracks to 8 bit: https://www.youtube.com/user/EvangelionUnit06?feature=watch

He has made my day. :)

Wormster

Quote from: Sir Henry on June 24, 2013, 08:45:58 AM
There's a rather jolly madman on youtube who has converted a selection of my favourite prog tracks to 8 bit: https://www.youtube.com/user/EvangelionUnit06?feature=watch

He has made my day. :)

AHG NOOOOOO!! what have they done?? - at least 3 of those are classic faves (NO not the Genisis tracks!! - Frank would be turning in his grave!)

Rockula

Wormster

Angus A Fitziron

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on December 08, 2012, 07:00:47 PM
Django Rheinhart and Stephane Grappelli....mmmmmmmmmmmm, nice.

I'm with the Captain - just bought my first Reinhardt and Grapelli album http://www.amazon.com/Django-Reinhardt-Stephane-Grappelli-Volume/dp/B000001HI0

Amazing
Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"

Sir Henry

Quote from: Wormster on June 24, 2013, 10:43:06 AM

AHG NOOOOOO!! what have they done?? - at least 3 of those are classic faves (NO not the Genisis tracks!! - Frank would be turning in his grave!)
I won't be posting a link to the Metal Machine Music 8-bit then. ;)

Wormster

Sludge Van Diesel

Can't sleep & trawling the internet for fellow insomniacs while listening to.....

The Gay Velocipede

The Dead Victorians
Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj

Never mind the Cogs

Quote from: Sludge Van Diesel on June 27, 2013, 12:37:58 AM
Can't sleep & trawling the internet for fellow insomniacs while listening to.....

The Gay Velocipede

The Dead Victorians

Splendid Sir, splendid
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!

Sir Henry

Quote from: Wormster on June 24, 2013, 10:23:39 PM
What you mean this:

NSFW

I was thinking of the original and legendary Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed, repeatedly dubbed 'the worst record of all time' which, when converted to 8bit, sound uncannily like the King's horse at Ascot being beaten to death with Gameboys and a Sega Saturn. A Surrealist joy.

Not that I can complain about your alternative - certainly an eye-opener for first thing in the morning over tea, toast and marmalade! I may need to go for a lie down. ;)

Rockula