News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Cthulu/ Lovecraftian Roleplay: Allowed here?

Started by Andrew Styles, February 20, 2013, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Styles

Im mot sure hpw the system will work... Tue rules and sign up thread will by the weekend.
"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips" - Birgitte Silverbow

Check out my blog! www.musingsoftheteenagemind.wordpress.com

H.Tuto

Well consider me in. If you are going to use rules why not an existing rule set. There must be some free variation of Cthulhu out there. Failing that something universal like GURPS would work perfectly well. GURPS lite has everything players need, other than that I'm sure there are sanity rules online too.
The H. stands for Hieronymus. Why? Because it sounds positively nifty!

Andrew Styles

I found a quickstart ruleset that will work perfectly. Heres the url: http://www.chaosium.com/article.php?story_id=87

If anyone wants to read it, please do! I will get the sign up thread up soon-ish
"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips" - Birgitte Silverbow

Check out my blog! www.musingsoftheteenagemind.wordpress.com

Cpt. Alecai Jackson

I'm game for a Lovecraft RP. As it happens I run the 'Call of Cthulhu Pen and Paper' RPG by Chaosium. I have two campaigns running at the moment.
To defend in one's collective interests.

leon

count me in sir im all was up for a junt and solw lose of sanaty in the cthulu mythos

leon

Quote from: leon on April 30, 2013, 11:15:13 PM
count me in sir im all was up for a junt and solw lose of sanaty in the cthulu mythos

sorry do apologise lets try that again in English

count me in sir I'm all was up for a jaunt and slow lose of sanity in the cthulu mythos

Barrington Von Steamy

Having just posted a similar topic,can I say that I am interested
Having participated in a PBEM (play by email) Cthulhu game I can tell you that it is not at all easy ,either as a player or,especially as games master,or keeper.
I dropped out of the game I was in because of what I considered rude and disrespectfull behaviour by another player,which makes me think that ,at least from what I have found so far,in that respect it might be an idea to run the whole thing on this site,where ladylike and gentlemanly behaviour and attitudes seem to be the order of the day
I have briefly looked through some of the group storytelling on this site and I think ,with a set of rules to help people along,it could be great fun
very interested to hear your thoughts
Barrington

Lord Badgersworth

MWBailey

It kind of stopped on BG with the post above, and I was never blessed with enough time and stamina (I got deathly ill and had other things happen as well) to pursue it further. I don't know the current status of the endeavor.
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Lord Badgersworth

MWBailey

That would be interesting, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed; While I've used Lovecraftian-esque characters in freeform RPs before, I have no actual experience in doing the actual Lovecraftian RPGs.
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"