News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events

Started by SteamBlast Mary, December 02, 2013, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madam Takara

Splendid day, nice to see everyone   :) we should do this more often ;)

Love and tea,
Madam T
Medicate with tea ❤️

Madam Takara

Oh by the way, if anybody has any photographs they could send to me of the group or me from today then it would be much appreciated. I'm doing my communication and culture practical on being a steampunk (it all has to be applied to my own life), and it would be nice to have some photographs in my presentation when  I'm talking about cultural capital and subcultural groups in terms of the events I attend and so forth. Of course I promise not to use photographs if someone is opposed to being in it, its only seen by my comms teacher, examiner and if I am really unlucky, my very small comms class. My camera wasn't charged so I didn't get chance to take any myself :(

Thank you,

Love and tea,
Madam T.
Medicate with tea ❤️

Prof. Comberthwaite

Madam Takara - I have e-mailed you some pictures. Hope they are OK.

Good to meet people today.
Prof. Comberthwaite
Ancient Historian | Archeoastronomer | Ethnochronologist

Esme Moore

Apologies, mundane stuff took longer than expected. Will do my best to get to the next one!

Aubreay Fallowfield

Next one is a bit closer yo you at winterbourne house in edgbaston
Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.

James Harrison

Yes, the Winterbourne trip is on Saturday May 3rd, meeting at 11AM (correction from 12noon).  

(I really should get going with the organising of this...)
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Kevin C Cooper Esq

A jolly good outing. Nice to meet new people as well as the usual suspects. Hope to see you at Winterbourne House Esme.

Prof. Comberthwaite

I might struggle with Saturday 3rd May - during term time I ought to be at orchestra rehearsals... and it's usually about 2pm before they finish.
Prof. Comberthwaite

Lucius Baxter

Well! It's very good to see everyone. It's always nice. Well, the winterbourne event should be exciting.
welcome to the brass goggles Madame!
2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps

Winterbourne Gunner

So gutted I had to miss the meet, looking forward to Winterbourne House and isnt it the Commandery on the Sunday/Monday that weekend too?
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."

Prof. Comberthwaite

Prof. Comberthwaite

Kevin C Cooper Esq

Yes a busy weekend for me, winterbourne house visit followed by two days trading at the commandery!

James Harrison

I'm planning to do Winterbourne on the Saturday and then make a trip to The Commandery on the Monday (Sunday trains really aren't conducive to going, well, anywhere really...)
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Never mind the Cogs

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!

Madam Takara

Hello chaps and chapettes,

I've just been informed of a Steampunk weekend at Tutbury castle, does anybody fancy it?
The website for the actual venue doesn't seem to be updated yet but I found this which seems to have all the details, it may have reached social media before it reached anything else:
http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Donna-Sanders-Steampunk-Weekend-At-Tutbury-Castle-12th-and-13th-July-2014

I've just been for their Viking day myself and the events are splendid :)

Love and tea,
Madam T
Medicate with tea ❤️

James Harrison

Provisionally I may be able to get to that....

Madam Takara

Please excuse my ignorance for I know you've all been talking about it, the next meet is Winterbourne House isn't it? What's going on and how do you get there?  ???

Sorry, I am so very easily oblivious and have the sense of direction of an upturned beetle.

Love and tea,
Madam T
Medicate with tea ❤️

Never mind the Cogs

Just a short walk from the Bristol Road (A38), its next to Birmingham University which you can't miss. Get the 61 or 63 bus from the city centre (opposite the  old entrance to new street station.

No idea if there is an adgenda though....
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!

Madam Takara

Quote from: Never mind the Cogs on April 21, 2014, 09:57:38 PM
Just a short walk from the Bristol Road (A38), its next to Birmingham University which you can't miss. Get the 61 or 63 bus from the city centre (opposite the  old entrance to new street station.

No idea if there is an adgenda though....

Thanks for the directions! :) I think I can get there, I'm familiar with the uni :)
Medicate with tea ❤️

Prof. Comberthwaite

Quote from: Madam Takara on April 21, 2014, 04:49:29 PM
Hello chaps and chapettes,

I've just been informed of a Steampunk weekend at Tutbury castle, does anybody fancy it?
The website for the actual venue doesn't seem to be updated yet but I found this which seems to have all the details, it may have reached social media before it reached anything else:
http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Donna-Sanders-Steampunk-Weekend-At-Tutbury-Castle-12th-and-13th-July-2014

I've just been for their Viking day myself and the events are splendid :)

Love and tea,
Madam T
Thanks for that. Might be able to make it.
Prof. Comberthwaite

James Harrison

The agenda is.... there is no agenda!   :D

I believe the House is hosting an Edwardian picnic event on that weekend too, so it almost behooves us to follow suit.   

Madam Takara

Fantastic! I will try my best to be there (though its exam month so only if I'm on top of the work, but should be fine)

And I'll more than likely be found milling around at the castle's steampunk do too. :)
Medicate with tea ❤️

Aubreay Fallowfield

Ahh a picker-nic sounds terribly terribly good
Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.

James Harrison

A-ha!  Yes, I thought I'd seen something on facebook.... the House is hosting a Garden Party Weekend on the 3rd and 4th of May.  So I'll be popping along in my linens and straw boater, if the weather allows... 

Lucius Baxter

I shall refrain from bringing those particular pork pies this time 'round. Perhaps I'll just stick with the tea.
2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps