News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Emporium of Mad Science

Started by ChainTool, March 25, 2014, 01:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChainTool

Hello All,

I am curating a 10 day retail exhibition in Melbourne and am looking for artists who would like to participate.  Twice before I have worked with this venue with great success.  This will be a chance to meet new clients and have your work displayed in a fully staffed venue.

See the below for more information

***The Emporium of Mad Science***

The Emporium of Mad Science takes place at Little Tengu, a creative retail space, opening June 12th through until June 22rd.
An exclusive assortment of hand selected artisans, tinkerers, and snake oil purveyors will have their wares on display amongst an eclectic assortment of curiosities.

Your participation will include

-Opening Night Gala: Friday the 13th, allowing you to meet and greet other artists and clients

-10 days in an exclusive retail space run by friendly and knowledgeable staff

-A packet of printed promotional materials

-Closing Night Auction and BBQ

This shop will be held at Little Tengu, a creative art space, located in Preston on High Street.  We will set up, staff, and run this pop up shop!  All you have to do is Bump In and Bump Out! 

The participation fee is $65 plus 20% commission on items sold.  This will help cover the costs of rental, staff, promotional materials, and the costs of the opening gala and closing night. 

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Space is limited and will be filling up quickly,
Please send an expression of interest to MadScienceAtWork@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you
-Eric
Mad Science at Work

Esteem Punk

I sent you an email expressing my interest.
Kel.

maduncle

Forgive my tardiness - but I do plan to attend the event and support the opening night, least I can do.

~maduncle~
"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

Esteem Punk

Emporium of Mad Science

My apologies for those whose works I missed showing above. I was on a very tight deadline (as per normal it seems), and just had to come in and rush out. I was hoping I would run into Maduncle particularly, but as far as I know that did not happen. I saw his jetpack under the millinery, looking splendid.
edit: Even though Caleb's audio creating device worked perfectly, I had to dub over his musical choice (Bitter:Sweet Dirty Laundry) since it would have flagged a copyright violation.

maduncle

Quote from: Esteem Punk on June 13, 2014, 02:13:02 PM

Emporium of Mad Science

My apologies for those whose works I missed showing above. I was on a very tight deadline (as per normal it seems), and just had to come in and rush out. I was hoping I would run into Maduncle particularly, but as far as I know that did not happen. I saw his jetpack under the millinery, looking splendid.
edit: Even though Caleb's audio creating device worked perfectly, I had to dub over his musical choice (Bitter:Sweet Dirty Laundry) since it would have flagged a copyright violation.

Bugger.

That must have been the half hour whilst I was up the street with my wife having a bite to eat.

maduncle

MarcusJuliusCroft

Maybe, just maybe I can get there...
I am what I am because I am, an Entrepreneur, Villain, Student and Mastermind

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

ChainTool

Thanks for everyone who showed up and also those who where at the Mid-Week Mad Science.   I have put a few images on the website bellow, but will make a proper posting next week when I have more time. 

If anyone is around, we will be having a relaxed bbq with some "science" experiments (dancing ooblecks, exothermic sodium acetate sculptures, ect) this Sunday.  Beer will start at 14:00, food will start around 16:00.  I will also be open all day from 10:00-21:00 on Saturday as well. 

http://emporiumofmadscience.weebly.com/

MarcusJuliusCroft

Damn it, I apologise Chain Tool, for not being able to make it.  I had planned to come on the Sunday, but got caught up in the Hills with battery problems and by the time I had managed to obtain a ride back into civilization, it was rather late to come to the event.  Are you by any chance organizing any other events in the near future that I can redeem myself?
I am what I am because I am, an Entrepreneur, Villain, Student and Mastermind