News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

BUYER BEWARE: myself

Started by elShoggotho, April 04, 2014, 08:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elShoggotho

There's a long and shameful story behind this thread, which I won't bother you with in detail. Long story short: I couldn't deliver on a paid commission, and this thread is the result.

Legba commissioned a tube amplifier and didn't receive anything. That's my fault. Lesson learned: don't commission me to build stuff - or hold back most of the payment until the item is delivered. Be careful when dealing with me. Only pay when you have undeniable confirmation that the item exists and is on its way. Better yet, wait until you receive it.

Legba

Not only did I not receive anything I am out $1,800 USD!  NO effort was made to refund the $

Legba
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Drew P

Hey, Legba, Hey, how's it......nevermind, sorry.

Been a while since you've been here.
May I ask as to what type of tube amp were you looking for?

Going to leave the rest alone.
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

Legba

Quote from: Drew P on April 05, 2014, 12:06:26 AM
Hey, Legba, Hey, how's it......nevermind, sorry.

Been a while since you've been here.
May I ask as to what type of tube amp were you looking for?

Going to leave the rest alone.

Monoblocks with a "Magic Eye" tube in the center

I know its been a while, the above theft was the reason.

L
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Siliconous Skumins

Mod hat on:

This topic has the potential to become an issue, therefore it is being watched and currently being discussed by the Moderators.

First sign of this topic turning nasty, it will be locked or removed. I understand there is a degree of emotion behind this, but please continue to keep the discussion civil. Thankyou.

SS
[Server Prayer]
Spoiler: ShowHide

I am a node of Server,
                      Born of flesh and blood,
                      But enhanced by the power of its web.
                      I have no use for pain or fear.
                      My scripts are a focus of my will.
                      My strength is my knowledge.
                      My weapons are my skills.
                      Information is the blood of my body.
                      I am part of the greater network.
                      I am host to the vast data of server.
                      My flesh is weak,
                      But my connection is eternal,
                      And therefore I am a god.      

[/Server Prayer] 

Legba

Quote from: Siliconous Skumins on April 05, 2014, 01:58:06 AM
Mod hat on:

This topic has the potential to become an issue, therefore it is being watched and currently being discussed by the Moderators.

First sign of this topic turning nasty, it will be locked or removed. I understand there is a degree of emotion behind this, but please continue to keep the discussion civil. Thankyou.

SS

Totally understand, I appreciate the ability to warn others.

L

Drew P

Monoblocs of what wattage? And 2 not just 1.

It's been awhile, the magic eye would correspond to the real-time output power? Interesting.

Again, just curious. It was a hobby years ago and I was going to give a go at it, but I haven't the time.
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

SeVeNeVeS

Ok I dont see the point of this.

elShoggotho has openly admitted to being a cad, a bounder, a complete cad and ripping off a fellow member for a commission that did not happen and hasnt offered a refund, so OK, we are warned.

Is this meant as some kind of excuse, atonement, apology for an 1800 dollar rip off? (thats almost 1100 sterling)

Confused  ???

~SeVeN~

Mod edit: language removed, play nice.

Kieranfoy

While my eyebrows raise at the language of my dear collegue, I too wonder if returning the money might not be the decent and legal thing to do.

Failing that, Legba, have you considered legal action?
'Invoked or not, the gods will be present.'

-The Oracle of Delphi

Argus Fairbrass

Mr SeVeNeVeS really, there are ladies, small children and fluffy animals present.

Yeah I don't get it either. I'm assuming some sarcasm on Shoggotho's part, or is this in fact the most honest admittance of deception ever imparted by a merchant?

Without the details by which to be bothered it's difficult to tell, still I'm intrigued hence the comment.
Have her steamed and brought to my tent!

SeVeNeVeS

I apologize for the need to edit my original reply.

At the time my keyboard was playing up and couldn't seem to type "silly billy"

Sorry for any offense caused.

~SeVeN~

Legba

I have considered legal action, but at this point I am not sure what I can do.  PayPal while sympathetic says that due to the funds being sent over almost 2 years ago nothing can be done.  He was very careful not to ever send me any actual paperwork save emails here via the messing board.  I became so flustered at the whole thing I said if he could just give me back at least $600 I would call the rest "lesson Learned"
I got zilch!

L

Drew P

I suppose you could send him something 'possessed' that you may have in your collection ;), there must be something.  As a reminder, you could say.
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

SeVeNeVeS

Strange the OP has not come back with more details.

This whole situation is inexcusable in my opinion.

How would you feel if some "one" , let alone a fellow forum member shafted you for that amount of money and appears to have no remorse.

Lock it or remove it before I get into rant mode and start using language I will get chastised for (again)  :-\

Desperately trying to "play nice"

~SeVeN~

1so-static

Not at all cool...geez  :o  surely that's obtaining funds by deception  :-\

Legba

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on May 03, 2014, 11:24:13 AM
Strange the OP has not come back with more details.

This whole situation is inexcusable in my opinion.

How would you feel if some "one" , let alone a fellow forum member shafted you for that amount of money and appears to have no remorse.

Lock it or remove it before I get into rant mode and start using language I will get chastised for (again)  :-\

Desperately trying to "play nice"

~SeVeN~

I am in agreement with you!  I believe the only reason he posted here is I had said it was my last recourse.  I agree it was theft.

L

Legba

Quote from: 1so-static on May 05, 2014, 11:31:56 PM
Not at all cool...geez  :o  surely that's obtaining funds by deception  :-\

I agree as I was very forgiving when deadlines were missed, I did not ask for a refund until it was 6mos past the deadline, which was wrong of me I now see.

Maets

Time payments? A little each month? Surely this should be possible.

markf

Back in 09 Shoggy was in a spot of financial bother and asked BG members for a charitable donation, which I did. I now see I was simply an enabler, allowing others to get stung. Very unfortunate. mark
US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd

Rockula

I was unaware of who elShoggotho actually is but a search revealed he was in my 'social networks' and still apparently offering to make items on commission.

I find that unacceptable considering this matter remains unresolved.

He is no longer in my 'social networks' as I would not want to appear to be condoning him.

First time I have ever had to delete a Steampunk.

Sad.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Argus Fairbrass

So this really is for real then...bloody hell.
Have her steamed and brought to my tent!

Capt. Dirigible

Have to say elShoggotho's attitude and total lack of remorse is breathtaking in it's arrogance. Outrageous behaviour. He might as well have posted "I'm not going to make the item you commissioned and I'm keeping the money. Life's a bitch , ain't it!" All that's missing from the end of his post is "ha-ha..sucker!"
I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

Legba

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on May 09, 2014, 03:01:15 PM
Have to say elShoggotho's attitude and total lack of remorse is breathtaking in it's arrogance. Outrageous behaviour. He might as well have posted "I'm not going to make the item you commissioned and I'm keeping the money. Life's a bitch , ain't it!" All that's missing from the end of his post is "ha-ha..sucker!"

My Good Capt. THANK YOU! I laughed so hard at reading your post, which I confess I have not done much of in this matter, so again thank you!  ;D
I would agree I tried multiple times to say how about $100 a month till I got at least $600 back- no such luck.  I even told him that as a portion of the funds were to go for parts, at least ship me those that I may try and get something back-again no such luck.

All I can do is warn all who would listen do not do business with this man.

L

akumabito

Huh... rip-offs are a bit of a rarity on this forum.. even more so when one of our old-timey members is involved.. how bizarre.

Legba

Quote from: akumabito on May 10, 2014, 10:00:48 PM
Huh... rip-offs are a bit of a rarity on this forum.. even more so when one of our old-timey members is involved.. how bizarre.

That is exactly what I thought too!

L