News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

This made me happy today (watch or clock based)

Started by Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock, August 07, 2014, 03:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

Popping this amongst all the mess on my desk made me happy today.
Just sayin ......  ;D

"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."

MWBailey

I like that, did you make that display rack (assuming that's what it's called)?
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Maets

My great grandfather's watch with a picture of  my great grandmother on it.  I never knew him, but she was a fantastic lady.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-OVFr0rzIjmo/U-TZhFj-t7I/AAAAAAAAFBw/bgxwc0lGjIU/w405-h540-no/granny.jpg

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

Quote from: MWBailey on August 08, 2014, 01:53:07 PM
I like that, did you make that display rack (assuming that's what it's called)?

I wish !!
Alas no. Its just a little turned pocket watch stand.
The watch its holding is nothing special its just one from my collection that I really like.
Gunmetal and brass and keeps perfect time.  :)
"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

Quote from: Maets on August 08, 2014, 02:12:13 PM
My great grandfather's watch with a picture of  my great grandmother on it.  I never knew him, but she was a fantastic lady.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-OVFr0rzIjmo/U-TZhFj-t7I/AAAAAAAAFBw/bgxwc0lGjIU/w405-h540-no/granny.jpg

Thats lovely Maets :)
I have my grandfathers solid silver and gold cigarette case which I too treasure as I never knew him either.
This is a pic of him during WW2 as an ARP.
Spoiler: ShowHide