News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself (Mk. III)

Started by proteus, December 09, 2014, 04:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Lockharte

Hello all,

My name is Miranda. I'm a 31 y/o and I have a job that isn't worth mentioning. I'm an aspiring writer working towards finishing and publishing my first novel. This might seem a bit pessimistic, but I don't see myself doing much with my life outside of pursuing authorship. I suppose the story I am working on would vaguely fit within the realm of steampunk, although I'm not all too familiar with the "boundaries" of the genre. I am pleasantly surprised to find that the steampunk community seems teeming with fellow writers. As a personal style, I must admit I am more 'goth' than steampunk. Although, I do have a bowler hat I often wear with my ensemble. I do not cosplay, I just go out in my own style on a regular basis. It is something that regularly turns heads.
However, I am not joining up to promote myself. I am interested to learn more about the steampunk genre, and the literary elements that are involved with it. I am not sure how applicable it may be on this site, but I have also heard of another offshoot branch called "Dieselpunk" that seems very interesting to me as well.

bodaciouscreed

Howdy everyone!

I'm Jonathan Fesmire, a steampunk writer (and artist), currently working on my fist steampunk novel. (Not my first novel, but first in this genre.) It's called Bodacious Creed: a Steampunk Zombie Western. You can learn more about it on my site, http://jonfesmire.com/.

In my blog, The Mostly Steampunk Blog, I interview a variety of people in the steampunk community, feature related art, and talk about the writing process. http://www.jonfesmire.com/#!blog/c1bqk

I'm a copywriter at my day job, and live near Disneyland, which is pretty sweet. I'm also a single father with an amazing 7-year-old son who loves Minecraft and technology.

Moneaky

Spent many a year on the Runnersworld UK forums, and through that got involved in all kinds of shenanigans- triathlon, ironman, ultra triathlon. With a rather abrupt retirement during a deca (not worth asking, the answer will be long as is the way of these ultra type events). Was instrumental in the forming of the Pirates (somewhere between a cult ironman group and bunch of buffoons).
Trained in Theatre costume making in the late 80's- 1980's to clarify for the time travellers amongst you.
Love putting those cutting skills into practice during idle moments making my own steampunk outfits.
Was a "normal"punk? Standard punk? waaaay back so this is a natural mash up of my interests.

I could go on and on and on, and do usually.

SirWinkles

Hi Everyone!

Hailing from Annapolis MD area. Glad to be a part of the group! 

Regards,
Sir Reginald Winkles
-------------------------------------
Founding Ironarium Artist

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Ironarium
https://www.facebook.com/Ironarium
-----------------------------------------------
Distinguished Handcrafted Wares - Functional Steampunk Art

Warmest Regards,
Sir Reginald Wickles
Proud Gentleman of Leisure

Jobasha

Hello I am here in my capacity as a magician and tarot reader. I make props for magicians and have worked putting on recreations of Victorian séances. I am working on creating a steam punked theme piece of magical theatre and want to have a browse of the tactile section here for ideas.
Almost no one dances sober unless insane.
H.P. Lovecraft

J. Wilhelm

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the forum!  Please follow our monkey butler to the atrium! Refreshments will be provided.

clockwork_lilith

Hello! I'm Back ;)
It's actually been a few years since I stopped visiting this forum and indulging in steampunk loveliness. I thought I'd pop over and say hell, once again.

Much love darlings x

ewoudo

Hi,  I'm ewoud and 34 yrs old , from holland.
Just recently came in to contact with steampunk, and fell in love :)
I'm not very handy crafting things. and the most prestige thing i ever made was a paper plane i guess..

But now i have kids and i discovered i like to build things (not on a high level but getting there)

from cardboard an foam..

Hope to learn a lot of new things here!

Caledonian

Welcome back, lillith. I am sure you'll meet up with old friends soon :)

En, welkom, Ewoud! Ik hoop dat je reis door de wereld van steampunk een goede zal zijn.
(En in het vervolg I'll be talking English to you )
Passion is like a Peatfire

Cora Courcelle

Greetings to you all. My name is Cora and I have been interested in steampunk for a few years now, having first come across the whole, wonderful concept through an acquaintance who visited WGW and told me about 'all these non-goths who dressed up like Victorians - and some of them are as old as you ...'   Ah, thought I, just my cup of tea!
So here I am, late 50's and enjoying dressing up again. I like to make my own costumes and will happily spend hours fiddling about with anything that does not involve housework. I know very little about computers so please forgive any errors I make in protocol or technology (left to myself I still write with a fountain pen) but I am really delighted to be here.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Emile

....my name's Emile.

DrIrritation

Eric Stott of Albany NY here, I cosplay as Doctor Irritation & am very much enjoying it. Outfit consists of a vintage bowler, corroded Wilson Goggles,  a howie style lab coat (which I made myself) white leather gauntlet gloves (soiled) and black lineman boots. AND of course, a bushy beard. I put this together for the Enchanted City Steampunk Fair in Troy NY- there was supposed to be a plotline involving evil inventors throwing over the rule of Queen Mab- I was supposed to snatch the crown from her head- but at the last minute it was tossed out the window, so I spent the day slinking around the street with paper bags full of candy, leering at the crowds & hissing "Fairy Droppings.....or Evil Mints..... CHOOSE ONE!"

For some reason it was a hit, and I'm now Doctor Irritation - the Evil Mints guy
Evil Mints- CHOOSE NOW!

Caledonian

Welcome all^^
I expect the welcome comité to arrive soon but till that point you'll have to deal with me.

GCCC

Quote from: Caledonian on October 07, 2015, 06:29:35 AM
Welcome all^^
I expect the welcome comité to arrive soon but till that point you'll have to deal with me.

DUN DUN DUUUUN!!! (Dramatic Sound Effect)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cphNpqKpKc4

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: DrIrritation on October 06, 2015, 10:48:37 PM
Eric Stott of Albany NY here, I cosplay as Doctor Irritation & am very much enjoying it. Outfit consists of a vintage bowler, corroded Wilson Goggles,  a howie style lab coat (which I made myself) white leather gauntlet gloves (soiled) and black lineman boots. AND of course, a bushy beard. I put this together for the Enchanted City Steampunk Fair in Troy NY- there was supposed to be a plotline involving evil inventors throwing over the rule of Queen Mab- I was supposed to snatch the crown from her head- but at the last minute it was tossed out the window, so I spent the day slinking around the street with paper bags full of candy, leering at the crowds & hissing "Fairy Droppings.....or Evil Mints..... CHOOSE ONE!"

For some reason it was a hit, and I'm now Doctor Irritation - the Evil Mints guy
I would ask what the gloves are soiled with but perhaps, on reflection, I don't! want to know!
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Miss.Adilie Bucket-Glass

Hello! My name is Addie and I love reading horror stories. I enjoy Professor Elemental and Mr.B The Gentleman Rhymer. My TV show tastes include Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, and Torchwood. It would be lovely to expand my steampunk collection as I only have a couple of things. I'm currently still stuck in my education but I'm DIY-ing a pair of high heels that I have recently come into possession of. Feel free to say Hi and maybe introduce yourself as your steampunk character (if you have one.)
-Loves
         Addie

(note: everything in this reply is the truth except for my name for obvious reasons.)
-Love
       Addie

Saros

Greeting everyone

My wife and I have just attended our first Steampunk event and needless to say it was wonderful. It was held at the Strasburg Railroad in Strasburg, PA USA Oct 16th-18th 2015.
We have been lurking for some time on the forums and thought it was time to join up. :-)

Saros :-)

artistpaul

Hi and thank you for accepting me to your wonderful forum! My name is Paul, I live in South Wales, UK I paint, draw and make things. I will post a few pics as soon as I have settled in and made a cup of tea.

Caledonian

Welcome addie, paul and salos.
We look forward to seeing your posts!

ravensrod

Greetings all, I'm Dave, a mature hippy/biker still rebelling and refusing to grow up in spite of my bus pass and some old bugger staring back at me when I look in a mirror. I'm delighted and surprised to find this wonderful subculture with all it's opportunity for inventiveness and creativity and no silly rules (and the music is good too). I've been to a few local events which were fun and plan on attending more, hopefully I'll remember to take some photos and post them.
it seemed like a good idea at the time

Mrs Bunny

Good day! I'm Mrs Bunny, and I'm fascinated with dirigibles. I love A Conspiracy of Alchemists, am reading The Steampunk User Manual, and needing to read HP Lovecraft's works. I am currently restoring a rather old typewriter.
Have a lovely day!
Together we are adventurers of the realms!

J. Wilhelm

Welcome Dave and Ms. Bunny to the forum!  We have threads on dirigibles as well as bikes if you're into that!

Cat Lady Lelia

Hello everyone! I'm Lelia and I'm an aspiring model and seamstress from the UK!
I live and breathe Victorian history and fashion and came here to find like-minded people!
I hope to be a costume designer one day and I am currently working on my first bustle dress - hoping to meet some sewing enthusiasts here too!
Overall just looking for more info on events, get-togethers and re-enactments - places to go to and wear all those amazing outfits I unfortunately can't wear in day-to-day life :(
Looking forward to meeting amazing and creative people on here :)

Thylacinus

Hello, I am returning to steampunk after a hiatus of several years. I am a reader with a tendency to follow the will o'the wisp of intellectual curiosity into all sorts of places. My favorite steampunk "world" is that of the Leviathan series.

I was on the Steampunk Empire back in the day but it seems rather quiet over there. This is my first appearance on Brass Goggles. I'm moderately crafty, mostly a knitter with intermediate sewing skills which I hope to improve.

I'm hoping to go to a steampunk meetup in my state, Massachusetts, later this month.

Mikey Stirton

Hello fellow Steamers

Woaah, where to begin. I'm new to this Forum but I've been a Steampunk since I was 28 and I'm now pushing 40 - depending on what year I'm in obviously. Quite often, when I put on my top hat and goggles and start thinking about coal powered time travel, I feel like I'm back in 1846.

Nice to meet you all

Mikey