News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself (Mk. III)

Started by proteus, December 09, 2014, 04:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_englishman

Tally Ho, yippety zip and zing sang spillip! Chap, wrong side of 40, spliced, and butler to one and three quarter cats. Lover of tattoos, motorcycles, Harry Flashman, fashion from the 1850's to the 1950's, marzipan, dear old Blighty and all things Gentlemanly. Not overly familiar with the Steampunk scene but I rather like the cut of its jib!
BANG ON!

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: The_englishman on January 29, 2016, 10:25:44 PM
Tally Ho, yippety zip and zing sang spillip! Chap, wrong side of 40, spliced, and butler to one and three quarter cats. Lover of tattoos, motorcycles, Harry Flashman, fashion from the 1850's to the 1950's, marzipan, dear old Blighty and all things Gentlemanly. Not overly familiar with the Steampunk scene but I rather like the cut of its jib!
With an introduction like that, I think I like you already. Welcome aboard and don't be shy, we a are mostly nice people  ;D

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: The_englishman on January 29, 2016, 10:25:44 PM

I am a little concerned about the 3/4 of a cat! (But marzipan is yummy).
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Tiff Hudson

Hi, there.

I'm Tiff Hudson, a fan of Girl Genius (by Phil & Kaja Foglio, colors by Cheyenne Wright) and lifelong maker/tinkerer. Since I retired, I turned my little hobby into a small operation called Tiff Hudson Studios and am slowly building up ...not so much a business as just making the hobby pay for itself. I've done all kinds of things - a little steam, an all-Tengwar edition of the Lord of the Rings (don't ask, it's not for sale - the Tolkien Estate and I have ... shared emails), a cake-knife light-saber for my niece's wedding, and turned some old books into clutch purses. You can read more of my attempts at talking about myself at tiffhudson.com or on Facebook at TiffHudsonStudios.
Fiddly prop maker, mold maker, etc.
http://tiffhudson.com

Caledonian

Quote from: Tiff Hudson on January 31, 2016, 12:01:24 AM
Hi, there.

I'm Tiff Hudson, a fan of Girl Genius (by Phil & Kaja Foglio, colors by Cheyenne Wright) and lifelong maker/tinkerer. Since I retired, I turned my little hobby into a small operation called Tiff Hudson Studios and am slowly building up ...not so much a business as just making the hobby pay for itself. I've done all kinds of things - a little steam, an all-Tengwar edition of the Lord of the Rings (don't ask, it's not for sale - the Tolkien Estate and I have ... shared emails), a cake-knife light-saber for my niece's wedding, and turned some old books into clutch purses. You can read more of my attempts at talking about myself at tiffhudson.com or on Facebook at TiffHudsonStudios.

I look forward to seeing you in Tactile!
Passion is like a Peatfire

The Marionette

Esteemed Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am The Marionette, Founder of a small artistic commune dedicated to creating an online, animated steampunk show.

For now, I shall not discuss that commune further as we are not in a position to discuss the matter widely and would hardly wish for my first post here to be merely self promotion!

I am here primarily to socialize, gather ideas and try and avoid various faux pas that could befall our project by accidentally straying into ideas already used wholesale elsewhere.

Yours sincerely,

The Marionette

Caledonian

Quote from: The Marionette on February 04, 2016, 04:36:42 PM
Esteemed Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am The Marionette, Founder of a small artistic commune dedicated to creating an online, animated steampunk show.

For now, I shall not discuss that commune further as we are not in a position to discuss the matter widely and would hardly wish for my first post here to be merely self promotion!

I am here primarily to socialize, gather ideas and try and avoid various faux pas that could befall our project by accidentally straying into ideas already used wholesale elsewhere.

Yours sincerely,

The Marionette

welcome to the forums! your commune sure sounds interesting, I;m sure we'll find out more about it :D

The Marionette

We're still knocking together concept artwork, so it will probably be a little while yet.  :)

Banfili

The_englishman, I am assuming you have a three-legged feline, but welcome, anyway - if we can have one-legged pirates we can surely welcome a three-legged cat!

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Banfili on February 04, 2016, 09:05:01 PM

The_englishman, I am assuming you have a three-legged feline, but welcome, anyway - if we can have one-legged pirates we can surely welcome a three-legged cat!

Three legged pirate cat.

Welcome folks to the forum!  Our monkey butler will take your coats and hats before guiding you to the orientation...

CrazyLee

Ah, an intro thread!

Name's Doug, mid 30s, kinda getting into this steampunk cosplay thing. I've always been interested, and decided to give it a try due to two SP themed cons coming up this summer!

I was also dragged here by Caledonian up there. Hey dear!
The gears on the airship go round and round, round and round, round and round....

Caledonian

Quote from: CrazyLee on February 06, 2016, 03:23:55 AM
Ah, an intro thread!

Name's Doug, mid 30s, kinda getting into this steampunk cosplay thing. I've always been interested, and decided to give it a try due to two SP themed cons coming up this summer!

I was also dragged here by Caledonian up there. Hey dear!

hey there! good to see ya round!
Welcome to Brass Goggles!
you might want to visit the Dusty Pelt for reasons :P http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40305.0.html
but for help with costuming check out the Anatomical section! the people there are nice and always willing to help

Mackilt

Hi All
Mackilt is the name, originally from Scotland but now working in Luxembourg.
I've been a fan Steampunk novels and decided to delve a bit deeper into what it's all about.
Used to be a bit of an amature thespian and enjoyed the whole dressing up and roleplay apect.
I'm an elecrical engineer by trade so also looking for a bit of inspiration for modifying objects or creating gadgets.
A big ask, so I'll be having a look around and maybe firing a few questions in random direction.
Cheers for now

Caledonian

Quote from: Mackilt on February 09, 2016, 04:22:08 PM
Hi All
Mackilt is the name, originally from Scotland but now working in Luxembourg.
I've been a fan Steampunk novels and decided to delve a bit deeper into what it's all about.
Used to be a bit of an amature thespian and enjoyed the whole dressing up and roleplay apect.
I'm an elecrical engineer by trade so also looking for a bit of inspiration for modifying objects or creating gadgets.
A big ask, so I'll be having a look around and maybe firing a few questions in random direction.
Cheers for now

I love your username

Mackilt

Quote from: Caledonian on February 09, 2016, 04:39:58 PM

I love your username

Why thank you :)
Not a bad name you have yourself considering I come from that neck of the woods.

Mr P Norris Esq.

Good Afternoon.
I am new to this wonderful world, however have been immersed in the world of Steam Punk from Mr Verne's writings via Mr Reeve to Mr Stephenson's Diamond Age.
I am most interested in land transportation of all types, my current fixation being modifications to Model T Fords for speed and excitement.. ;)
I am developing my alter-ego of tinkering gentleman-racer and reading voraciously.
I currently reside in a fair coaching village just south of Durham in the darkest North East of England.
I spend a lot of time up at Beamish, a Steamy Heaven implanted into the modern world.
Kindest regards and Salutations,
P Norris Esq.

Caledonian

Quote from: Mackilt on February 10, 2016, 06:32:24 AM

I love your username

Not a bad name you have yourself considering I come from that neck of the woods.

the joke is, I'm not from scotland at all.

Quote from: Mr P Norris Esq. on February 18, 2016, 02:26:22 PM
Good Afternoon.
I am new to this wonderful world, however have been immersed in the world of Steam Punk from Mr Verne's writings via Mr Reeve to Mr Stephenson's Diamond Age.
I am most interested in land transportation of all types, my current fixation being modifications to Model T Fords for speed and excitement.. ;)
I am developing my alter-ego of tinkering gentleman-racer and reading voraciously.
I currently reside in a fair coaching village just south of Durham in the darkest North East of England.
I spend a lot of time up at Beamish, a Steamy Heaven implanted into the modern world.
P Norris Esq.

Welcome!

Mr P Norris Esq.

Quote from: Caledonian on February 18, 2016, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: Mackilt on February 10, 2016, 06:32:24 AM

I love your username

the joke is, I'm not from scotland at all.

Quote from: Mr P Norris Esq. on February 18, 2016, 02:26:22 PM
Good Afternoon.
P Norris Esq.

Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome!
I'm settling in and having a good read around.

Caledonian

Very well! Enjoy your stay and dont forget to have fun.

Victor Charlington

Good Morning to you all, as this is the area to introduce yourself, it seems prudent that I do just that. I have only recently discovered this establishment, moreover I've only recently discovered the genre with which I have been fascinated for some period of time, has such a dedicated following and indeed, a nom de plume. My fascination with Science Fiction has developed over the years and after watching such Movies as Sky Captain, Hellboy (agreeably, these are not the finest examples of Steampunk) and several others, as well as the Barton and Swinburne novels, I find the Steampunk genus of particular fascination. So with that meager introduction out of the way, I wish you all a jolly good day.

Victor Charlington (The third).

Mr P Norris Esq.

Quote from: Caledonian on February 18, 2016, 07:12:56 PM
Very well! Enjoy your stay and dont forget to have fun.
Thanks for the welcome!

Prof. Cecily

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
So glad to see you here, Victor Charlington. I think many of us were steamers before we knew what steampunk was. Enjoy the company- as you can see we're a motley crew from all around the world, so there's  tremendous variety of points of view.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

Victor Charlington

Fizzylicious

Hello everyone,

I'm Fizzy, 40yr old aerospace engineer (though currently building equipment for the offshore) from Holland.
I've always loved drawing and making things and have long enjoyed the tangibility of steampowered tech - It clunks, it rattles, it smokes, gears grinding merrily... it's beautiful :)

I tried making a steampunk ghostbuster costume for carnaval (thought it was an original idea until I found pretty much everyone else had come up with it first ;) ) and lurked a bit on the site before taking the plunge and actually saying hi. I Love to see everyones' creations, very inspiring. Hopefully I can add my own creations to the pile and maybe inspire someone else in turn.. and if not, you seem a friendly bunch, looks like a fun place to hang out :)

See you around!
-Fizzy-

Caledonian

Quote from: Fizzylicious on February 29, 2016, 09:45:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm Fizzy, 40yr old aerospace engineer (though currently building equipment for the offshore) from Holland.
I've always loved drawing and making things and have long enjoyed the tangibility of steampowered tech - It clunks, it rattles, it smokes, gears grinding merrily... it's beautiful :)

I tried making a steampunk ghostbuster costume for carnaval (thought it was an original idea until I found pretty much everyone else had come up with it first ;) ) and lurked a bit on the site before taking the plunge and actually saying hi. I Love to see everyones' creations, very inspiring. Hopefully I can add my own creations to the pile and maybe inspire someone else in turn.. and if not, you seem a friendly bunch, looks like a fun place to hang out :)

See you around!
-Fizzy-

We try our best being friendly, you might find us rather gezellig. :P
Welcome to the forums!