News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Waltham vehicle clock identification help

Started by Captain Lyerly, December 20, 2014, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Lyerly

Does anybody know when they went from "Waltham Watch Company" on the face to just "Waltham"?

Or if they went the other way.  I have been trying to put a date on this one, and the closest I have found was ID'ed to a 1913 Packard.  Any suggestions for further research???

Thank you all!

Z
Captain Sir Charles A. Lyerly, O.B.T.
Soldier of Fortune and Gentleman Adventurer
wire: captain_lyerly, at wire office "Yahoo dot Qom"

"You'd think he'd learn."
"Heh! De best minions neffer do!"

Maets

Captain Lyerly

Yes - that is one of the few sources I could find.  Now one source tells me that the name - "Waltham Watch Co." - indicated 15 jewels.  I have seen Rolls Royce attached to this style, but only by somebody who wanted to sell one  ;D

Still researching.  This is good!

Cheers!

Chas.

Captain Lyerly

Okay, further research indicates that it is from a Packard, around 1915; probably a Twin-Six. 

Here is a pictorial representation of an original in situ, as it were:

Notice that it is mounted to the top of the speedometer - this explains the mount and the curious curve to the bottom of the mount, and the somewhat unique mahogany base that has been constructed for it to convert it to a desk clock.

So - does anybody have a source for Waltham parts?  This one is missing the crown.

Thanks!

Cheers!

Chas.