News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Baron 1898: Steampunk Roller Coaster In Construction At Efteling, Netherland

Started by chicar, April 21, 2015, 11:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicar

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

chicar

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

Caledonian

I STILL need to go here... I live on cycle distance from the efteling -_-
Passion is like a Peatfire

Drew P

And it would be great that, if when you get there, you would take more (and better) photos.
It seems as though there should be more to see from ground level, otherwise, one is zooming by so fast and some of the effect is gone.
Maybe there's an official review or something somewhere online, I must have a look.
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

Caledonian

Caledonian

I finally got to ride the Baron. (That sounds a bit wrong...)
I visited the park today and did this ride twice.
It was AWESOME. It does indeed have quite a steampunk feel, and combines history, dutch folklore, and an thrilling roler coaster.

Pictures to follow, feel free to ask any questions ;)

Selenium

Quote from: Caledonian on October 23, 2016, 05:19:53 PM
It was AWESOME. It does indeed have quite a steampunk feel, and combines history, dutch folklore, and an thrilling roler coaster.

You are so brave! The looks are amazing, but the ride also seems a bit extreme... you are making a free fall isn't it?
I prefer Joris en de Draak ;) But if I visit the Efteling again, I will try the Baron as well.
"If you can dream it, you can do it."

Drew P

^It's only wrong if you think it's wrong.

Needless to say, everything I do is right, then.

:D
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

Caledonian

Quote from: Selenium on February 06, 2017, 10:03:49 AM
Quote from: Caledonian on October 23, 2016, 05:19:53 PM

You are so brave! The looks are amazing, but the ride also seems a bit extreme... you are making a free fall isn't it?
I prefer Joris en de Draak ;) But if I visit the Efteling again, I will try the Baron as well.

you do make a 90° drop and the coaster stops for a moment at the top before you drop. that's the scariest part, not so much the drop itself.