News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

[Hannibal MO] 8th Big River SteamPunk Festival 9/1-4/20223

Started by Captain, June 19, 2015, 02:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

-Karl

river rat

This will be my first steampunk fest! Only an hour and a half away from home. Looking forward to it!
I'm not all bad. I rob graves. I don't add to their numbers.

Captain

Quote from: river rat on June 20, 2015, 12:31:11 AM
This will be my first steampunk fest! Only an hour and a half away from home. Looking forward to it!

Outstanding!  Please post pictures. 
-Karl

Captain

HOT AIR BALLOON RIDES are just one of the amazing events planned for the Big River Steampunk Festival in Hannibal, Missouri, September 5-7, 2015!
For information, visit www.BigRiverSteampunkFestival.com
Premium Events:
Hot Air Balloon Rides
Time Traveler's Ball on Mark Twain Riverboat
La Belle Epoque Vaudeville Review
Wicked Hannibal Pub Crawl
1870s Base Ball Doubleheader
The Burley-Que Late-Night Cabaret
"Knees Up" Neo-Vintage Good Time Dance Soiree
"Remembering Titanic" with the Unsinkable Molly Brown
Late-Night Ghost Adventure
Meet Robert Snow, Author, "Looking for Carroll Beckwith"
Afternoon Tea with Queen Victoria
"Mark Twain on Steam"
Croquet Tournament
Historic Hannibal Homes Tour
Free Events:
Main Street Parade
Opening Ceremonies
Cosplay in Victorian Hannibal
"Rocket & Airships: The Musical" PREMIERE!
Main Street Stage Entertainment
Costume Contests
Facial Hair Contest
Presentation to Queen Victoria
Nerf Dueling Competition
Tea Dueling Competition
Cake Walk Promenade
Ballroom Dancing Lessons
Meet Mark Twain at Steampunk Cafe
Shopper's Emporium - over 40 Steampunk Vendors!
Big River Film Festival
Mad Scientist's "Imaginarium"
Steampunk Seminars and Workshops
Kids: Ride a Penny Farthing!
-Karl

Captain

AN EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT!!! Coming to the Big River Steampunk Festival is none other than Unwoman, winner of both the 2015 Steampunk Chronicle Reader's Choice Solo Artist of the Year and Album of the Year!

This special concert event will be held on Saturday, Sept. 5th at 7:30pm and Sunday, Sept. 6th at 5:00pm at Finn's Food and Spirits, 214 North Main Street. Tickets are only $10
-Karl

river rat

A friend at work tuned me onto this. Be my first steampunk fest. Looking forward to being there.

Captain

Quote from: river rat on August 05, 2015, 02:45:05 AM
A friend at work tuned me onto this. Be my first steampunk fest. Looking forward to being there.

Any chance that you will be taking pictures to post?  Have fun!
-Karl

river rat

I just noticed I've posted twice on this thread. Guess I should pay more attention. Sorry about that.
Yes Captain, I can't go anywhere without my camera.   

Captain

"Rocket & Airships" a musical - premiering at this event.

Citizens, if this is the first time you have heard of this project, Rocket & Airships is a steampunk musical that will make it's premiere at the Big River Steampunk Festival held on Labor Day weekend in historic downtown Hannibal, Missouri, USA 2015.

All the promotional material seems to only be on Facebook.

So here is the trailer video

and a FB page about it:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocket-Airships/362415413946221
-Karl

GCCC

Am I reading the main page correctly in that there is no admission fee for the main part of the festival?

That's fine by me (and well within my price range!) but it's made me curious:  How do they recoup their expenses?

GCCC

Quote from: Captain on August 08, 2015, 03:20:26 AM
"Rocket & Airships" a musical - premiering at this event.

Citizens, if this is the first time you have heard of this project, Rocket & Airships is a steampunk musical that will make it's premiere at the Big River Steampunk Festival held on Labor Day weekend in historic downtown Hannibal, Missouri, USA 2015.

All the promotional material seems to only be on Facebook.

So here is the trailer video

and a FB page about it:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocket-Airships/362415413946221

Did you try to embed the trailer here, or were you just providing the link to Facebook?

Also, as this is not (as of the time I'm posting this) on the main page, what will be the ticket price and performance time(s) for the show?

Woops! Never mind; I've obviously been looking at things online well past my bedtime, again. The show is listed, and it's in the free column.

"Performances will be held on Saturday, Sept. 5th at 5:00pm and Sunday, Sept. 6th at 8:00pm at the Bluff City Theater, 212 Broadway."

(I'd still like to see a trailer, preferably one with a song sampling rather than the "teaser" on the FB page there on the events page somewhere. I think it would help sell the event.)

river rat

Like you GCCC I looked under the 'pay' choices to find this event.  As in Yes. I'd pay to see that too!  :)

Captain

-Karl

GCCC

Quote from: Captain on August 08, 2015, 11:41:46 PM
I cannot speak for the financing but you might want to contact Lisa with those questions:  http://www.thesteampunkempire.com/events/big-river-steampunk-festival 

I'm already working on a list of things I need to ask of the organizers, anyway (like physical addresses for mapping our route via TripTik and similar minutiae needed for planning and budgeting a trip), so thanks for the specific name.

Right now it looks to be a shorter trip than getting to some destinations within our state...

Captain

Please "Share"! EXPOSITION CIRCLE at the Big River Steampunk Festival, Sept. 5-7th, Labor Day Weekend in Hannibal, MO, just one of the three main entertainment areas of the Festival! www.BigRiverSteampunkFestival.com
Here's what you'll find in Exposition Circle:
Celebrating the Victorian's propensity for all things weird and wonderful, visit the Victorian Oddities and Divination Tent, where you may choose to have a tarot reading with psychic and reki master Kare! On Saturday and Sunday don't miss the Circus Sideshow where you'll witness unbelievable feats of human strength and suffering -- the spirit of P. T. Barnum lives on in the Big River Circus Sideshow! The Sideshow is FREE ADMISSION to all, but recommended only for those with sturdy constitutions...!
The Mad Scientist's Imaginarium houses the Steampunk Art Competition, Gizmos and Gadgets contest, Weaponry exhibition, and the Big River Photography Contest. BRING YOUR GADGETS, GIZMOS, and WEAPONS and enter the contests to win fabulous prizes and the admiration of your fellow Steampunkers -- rules are on our website at www.BigRiverSteampunkFestival.com.
HOT AIR BALLOON RIDES on Sunday, Sept. 6th from 6pm - 9pm, tickets may be securely purchased on our website!
The "Queen of Games" Croquet Tournament will be held on Sunday, Sept. 6th with the finals being held on Monday, Sept. 7th. A picnic basket auction will also take place for spectators to enjoy while cheering on the contestants.
Attention all Airships: Register for FREE SPACE at the Festival where you may set up a tent or pavilion and have a gathering place for your crew -- a great way to fellowship with other Steampunkers and enjoy the view of the Mississippi River! For more information, visit the "Airship Participation" page at www.BigRiverSteampunkFestival.com
MUSIC and ENTERTAINMENT will also be provided throughout all three days of the Festival! Exposition Circle, located on the Mississippi Riverfront in Nipper Park, is sponsored by Mark Twain Distributing - Miller Lite and LaBinnah Bistro in Hannibal, MO. For more information, contact the Hannibal History Museum at (573) 248-1819. The Big River Steampunk Festival is a benefit for the Hannibal History Museum, a federally recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Big River Steampunk Festival's photo.
-Karl

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl

river rat

Getting things together tonight. Going to be there all day Sat. Looking forward to going to my first Steampunk fest! I'll be the guy walking around in a Hendrix/Beatles looking coat. Black and gold. Or at 95+ outside, I'll be the guy crawling around in a wool suit coat. LOL

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl

river rat

Sorry I haven't posted for a bit.
Was there Sat. Had a blast! Caught a few shows. Met a lot of great people. However I took very few pictures and no video.

Drew P

You, sir, have failed.
To the mines with you!

...it really was outside. Spread out pretty far, too.
Nope, I'm a wimp. The heat would have stopped me. >:(
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'