News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Things that make you go WTF? MkII

Started by SeVeNeVeS, July 15, 2015, 06:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qubehead

'So Qubehead, it looks like we're going to be short-handed today. Dane called and said he's fallen off the roof of his house...twice."

Sir Henry

Quote from: qubehead on November 02, 2015, 06:39:30 PM
'So Qubehead, it looks like we're going to be short-handed today. Dane called and said he's fallen off the roof of his house...twice."
Luckily he had just finished installing a rubber patio.  ;D
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Alexis Voltaire

I went to type Wondermark! into the google search tab, and somehow it came out dermarkwonf??? :D

Did I just invent the German version of pig latin?
~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~

DikkeVetteVlinder

So, I take the train everyday to get to my school, and yesterday when I got back there was some dude pissing on the platform. I live in a spectacularly boring city, stuff like that is enough wtf for an entire week for me.

Madasasteamfish

Being in the pub and the conversation descends into a serious proposal to start a Gumby party and stand for political office as Gumby.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

MWBailey

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Drew P

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

Banfili

Have soft spot for Gumby! Couldn't do much worse than a lot of the pollies going round at the moment.

Clym Angus

Quote from: DikkeVetteVlinder on November 05, 2015, 08:55:35 PM
So, I take the train everyday to get to my school, and yesterday when I got back there was some dude pissing on the platform. I live in a spectacularly boring city, stuff like that is enough wtf for an entire week for me.

Could have been worse, he could have been pissing on the live rail. A venture which in and of itself holds a morbid curiosity; as to the likely hood of electrocution.

Drew P

^and proved by the show Mythbusters.
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

DikkeVetteVlinder

Quote from: Clym Angus on November 06, 2015, 12:15:47 PM
Quote from: DikkeVetteVlinder on November 05, 2015, 08:55:35 PM

Could have been worse, he could have been pissing on the live rail. A venture which in and of itself holds a morbid curiosity; as to the likely hood of electrocution.

Oh, I'm sure it could. Didn't make this any less weird though :')

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on November 05, 2015, 10:03:42 PM
Being in the pub and the conversation descends into a serious proposal to start a Gumby party and stand for political office as Gumby.

Donald Trump not  crazy enough for you?

Vote!
Senator Palpatine for President 2016

http://www.palpatineforpresident.org/

Crescat Scientia

So DC comics has launched a live action "Supergirl" TV show.

Met with a good critical reception, it joins DC's other TV superhero shows, "The Flash", "Arrow", and the now-cancelled "Constantine".  Fun, if you like that sort of thing.

What do all those other shows have that "Supergirl" doesn't?  Even the cancelled one?

Ongoing comic book series.

http://www.newsarama.com/26516-why-hasn-t-excitement-for-supergirl-tv-show-translated-to-comics.html

Yep.  DC is broadcasting a show about a major superhero and they haven't even got a current comic book in print for her.

DC seems blindsided by the fan demand.  It seems to have never occurred to them that the show might spur interest.
Living on steam isn't easy.
-- Jessica Fortunato

Have you heard?  It's in the stars, next July we collide with Mars.
-- Cole Porter

That's not sinister at all.
-- Old family saying

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on November 08, 2015, 11:36:27 PM

What, you mean he's actually serious?  ???

I though he was doing as a massive joke at the expense of the American electorate. I mean who in their right mind would elect him?

Then again, It's been my firm belief for years that Donald Trump's entire existence was started by the Americans so as to play a joke on the rest of the world in retribution for our stereotyping of them (by creating the most boorish, jinoistic, rich idiot there could possibly be as a deliberate figure of mockery, yet who doesn't actually exist).
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Rockula

Quote from: Crescat Scientia on November 09, 2015, 01:03:20 AM
Yep. DC is broadcasting a show about a major superhero and they haven't even got a current comic book in print for her.

Wasn't the 'New 52: Supergirl' comic cancelled earlier this year because the whole '52' thing has been dumped?
I expect a new comic will be along pretty soon. Lots of them probably.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Crescat Scientia

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on November 09, 2015, 08:09:21 PM

I though he was doing as a massive joke at the expense of the American electorate. I mean who in their right mind would elect him?

Then again, It's been my firm belief for years that Donald Trump's entire existence was started by the Americans so as to play a joke on the rest of the world in retribution for our stereotyping of them (by creating the most boorish, jinoistic, rich idiot there could possibly be as a deliberate figure of mockery, yet who doesn't actually exist).

I explain Trump to Europeans by saying he is America's Silvio Berlusconi and Berlusconi to Americans by saying he is Italy's Donald Trump.
-- Jessica Fortunato

-- Cole Porter

-- Old family saying

Caledonian

Trying to order a Black Tartan Clan patch from Belgium. The patch is €3 but shipping costs are ridiculous. €9 for something from freaking BELGIUM, something that fits in a freaking envelope too! it's almost cheaper to hop on the train and get it myself! Faster too.
European shipping prices wtf.
Passion is like a Peatfire

Alexis Voltaire

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on November 09, 2015, 08:09:21 PM

It might be because I'm a slightly bad person, but I find other countries' stereotypes of Americans to be a source of endless amusement. (And not in a 'haha, they're so wrong' way either.)

One of my favorites back when I had TV was the BBC America TV channel advertising itself with a flash video of a classic red double-decker bus with monster truck wheels.
~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~

Caledonian

Don't worry americans, we have this guy:

oh wait.
wait a moment.
that's a reason to worry.
very hard.

Sir Henry

Quote from: Caledonian on November 10, 2015, 09:16:14 AM

oh wait.
wait a moment.
very hard.
I have no idea who that is, but he does look as though he's an orchestral conductor who has borrowed Dragonforce's wind machine.  :D
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Clym Angus

Quote from: Drew P on November 06, 2015, 01:12:25 PM
^and proved by the show Mythbusters.

I thought they busted it due to the need for a vigorous flow that was quite beyond their rigs capacity at the time?
That said considering it was a family show it's not like they could just slap some meat on the table and measure the motion of the ocean so to speak.

Caledonian

Quote from: Sir Henry on November 10, 2015, 10:12:04 AM

oh wait.
wait a moment.
very hard.
I have no idea who that is, but he does look as though he's an orchestral conductor who has borrowed Dragonforce's wind machine.  :D

that's Geert Wilders, politician. anti immigrants and anti europe.
we call him the dutch Trump.

Crescat Scientia

Quote from: Caledonian on November 10, 2015, 10:38:46 AM

oh wait.
wait a moment.
very hard.

He reminds me of the aliens from "This Island Earth":
https://exclamationmark.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/tie2.jpg
-- Jessica Fortunato

-- Cole Porter

-- Old family saying

Caledonian

Quote from: Crescat Scientia on November 10, 2015, 10:53:35 AM
Quote from: Caledonian on November 10, 2015, 10:38:46 AM

oh wait.
wait a moment.
very hard.

He reminds me of the aliens from "This Island Earth":
https://exclamationmark.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/tie2.jpg

OH MY COGS I CAN NEVER UNSEE THAT

Drew P

Going to have to watch that episode of Mythbusters because I'm pretty sure that one of them got a shock doing that to a rigged up electric fence.
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'