News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

A mass produced watch I actually want.

Started by Herbert West, August 29, 2015, 12:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbert West

(Hoping as always that this isn't old news)

Stumbled across this "Tesla Watch" the other night and its something I could see myself purchasing.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2015/08/28/the-tesla-watch-a-splendid-chronometer-from-a-more-elegant-time-pics-video/
"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes

SeVeNeVeS

Not the kinda thing I would wear but looks good and might be ok on a stand sat on a table or something along those lines. Nice bit of kit.

Drew P

Wow, a Bullhead watch!
I've always wanted one of those, but that may be a bit large.
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

GCCC

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?330716-Robocop-remake

I agree it's too big for its current watch band, but if you put it on your aetheric vambrace, along with a few of your other inventors' tools...

And only $59.99? I think I've found somebody's stocking stuffer for this year...

This is the site that has it for sale:  http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/imnl/?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=4400298

Tesla Watch from ThinkGeek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zxXa8CJcgU

Herbert West

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes

GCCC

I dunno; sometimes they sell out of these things fairly quickly. I'm still waiting for them to offer their Weeping Angel Christmas tree topper again, which was gone long before I even knew it existed.

Still, most of us Steampunks are on a budget, so we're probably okay for a while.

Saros

Hello

I did pre-order this watch and it just came in Oct 17th. Looks even better in person for a mass produced watch.

Just a few things about the watch.
Comes in a nice tin.
The "tubes" shut off after 4 seconds to save battery life.
The watch does take 3 batteries so I think I will pull these and only use when I am going to wear it. This will not be an everyday watch. :-)

I am already looking at modifying the watch.
Did notice the switch is already starting to rub the finish off the watch face. Not sure there is an easy fix for that.
The watch band is interesting but a tad bit short for my wrist.

A very fun watch to show off at the next steampunk event. :-)

Saros

Caledonian

Lars Larssen came with a line of Skeleton watches that are also really nice and would fit with a formal dress.

Passion is like a Peatfire

GCCC

Quote from: Saros on October 19, 2015, 06:03:25 PM
Hello

I did pre-order this watch and it just came in Oct 17th. Looks even better in person for a mass produced watch.

Just a few things about the watch.
Comes in a nice tin.
The "tubes" shut off after 4 seconds to save battery life.
The watch does take 3 batteries so I think I will pull these and only use when I am going to wear it. This will not be an everyday watch. :-)

I am already looking at modifying the watch.
Did notice the switch is already starting to rub the finish off the watch face. Not sure there is an easy fix for that.
The watch band is interesting but a tad bit short for my wrist.

A very fun watch to show off at the next steampunk event. :-)

Saros

Seeing that on an adult's arm, that watchband is waaaay too small (narrow). I still want one, 'though.

Steam Titan

I want one!

I agree the band is way to thin. On something like that a big thick band would look better.

Prof Marvel

Quote from: GCCC on August 29, 2015, 03:52:46 PM
I'm still waiting for them to offer their Weeping Angel Christmas tree topper again, .

one of these ?

only if they come with a built-in mirror!

yhs
pm
MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way

Caledonian

Quote from: Prof Marvel on November 03, 2015, 07:12:21 AM
Quote from: GCCC on August 29, 2015, 03:52:46 PM
I'm still waiting for them to offer their Weeping Angel Christmas tree topper again, .

one of these ?

only if they come with a built-in mirror!

yhs
pm

a picture of an angel becomes an angel
DON'T BLINK!
Passion is like a Peatfire

GCCC

This is it:

They're supposed to notify me when they're back in stock.