News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Are there any new events coming up in Oceania?

Started by GCCC, September 18, 2015, 03:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCCC

What about local meet-ups?

I haven't seen anything new posted here in a while.

If an event has a website, please share it.

Sir Les Patterson

Do any Steampunk groups still exist in Sydney or has it fizzled to a plop. Did a search on Google, but alas, not much happening.
Cultural Attache to the Australian Govt. Dip Lid, PhD in Cattle (Oxen). Advisor and comforter to various Govt dept's.  Just because it's imaginary to the Govt, doesn't mean it's not real. Call the Department of Imaginary Problems, (DoIP) and ask for me. I also freelance as an expert specializing in matters of a general nature.

Hurricane Annie

Oamaru  Often has something going as does Wellington   , in the New Zealand  region.

[ some may argue that most New Zealand towns are caught in a quasi  Victorian  time warp ]

selectedgrub

Quote from: Hurricane Annie on December 12, 2015, 08:44:07 PM
[ some may argue that most New Zealand towns are caught in a quasi  Victorian  time warp ]

Yes
And in 2021 they will find out Steampunk died about a year ago.

Hurricane Annie

Quote from: selectedgrub on December 12, 2015, 08:48:26 PM
Quote from: Hurricane Annie on December 12, 2015, 08:44:07 PM

Yes
And in 2021 they will find out Steampunk died about a year ago.

or will it sail right over their heads with the WW1 bi planes  and  suffragette banners

Colonel Hawthorne

I can advise the CubaDupa festival will be on again in Wellington on 19-20 March 2016.

CubaDupa is a City Council-supported street festival which sees three (or more) city blocks turned into one big street party. Capital! Steampunk ties into CubaDupa as our big annual event.

Once again next year we'll be presenting Splendid Teapot Racing, with New Zealand's largest asemblage of racing teapots outside Oamaru. This time there'll be a world first: teapot sheepdog trials. And if you want to know more about how that works you'll have to come and see it. Bring your own racing teapot - there's always room for more.

As part of the main festival there'll be music, dancing, street food and ample oportunities for steampunks to swan about and have their photos taken innumerable times.

Keep an eye on capitalsteampunknz.org for updates. We're hoping to schedule a racing teapot practice and build session early in 2016 to prepare everybody for CubaDupa.
Colonel Sir Julius Hawthorne
H.M. Air Privateers (Retd.)

http://capitalsteampunknz.org

Whatever did we do before retro-futurism?

Hurricane Annie

Quote from: Colonel Hawthorne on December 19, 2015, 08:00:51 AM
I can advise the CubaDupa festival will be on again in Wellington on 19-20 March 2016.

CubaDupa is a City Council-supported street festival which sees three (or more) city blocks turned into one big street party. Capital! Steampunk ties into CubaDupa as our big annual event.

Once again next year we'll be presenting Splendid Teapot Racing, with New Zealand's largest asemblage of racing teapots outside Oamaru. This time there'll be a world first: teapot sheepdog trials. And if you want to know more about how that works you'll have to come and see it. Bring your own racing teapot - there's always room for more.

As part of the main festival there'll be music, dancing, street food and ample oportunities for steampunks to swan about and have their photos taken innumerable times.

Keep an eye on capitalsteampunknz.org for updates. We're hoping to schedule a racing teapot practice and build session early in 2016 to prepare everybody for CubaDupa.

The thought of sheep dogs   chasing motorised teapots round and round  sounds  quite entertaining

Colonel Hawthorne

Not quite what we had in mind, but possibly another variation.

I may say that dogs are somewhat puzzled when approached by a racing teapot.  I speak from recent experience.
Colonel Sir Julius Hawthorne
H.M. Air Privateers (Retd.)

http://capitalsteampunknz.org

Whatever did we do before retro-futurism?

Hurricane Annie

Quote from: Colonel Hawthorne on December 21, 2015, 08:38:40 AM
Not quite what we had in mind, but possibly another variation.

I may say that dogs are somewhat puzzled when approached by a racing teapot.  I speak from recent experience.

An accidental discovery  I am sure   ;) I can imagine the result