News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Blue Fangs arrival at the Duck Pond

Started by CPT_J_Percell, October 28, 2015, 05:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPT_J_Percell

Written in connection with "Ace of the Duck Pond"

The young chap left manning the control tower was so engrossed in his book that he didn't see the clouds appearing in the east. He was getting to the good bit when the radio crackled with static causing him to jump. He was on his feet in seconds looking around the large windows and it took him a while to take in gathered clouds in the middle of a clear blue sky. The radio crackled again and he looked at it with suspicion. Looking back at the clouds, he thought he spotted an airplane in the middle. He reached for the microphone and hit the transmit button, "Unidentified aircraft approaching from the east, identify yourself and reason for your approach." He released the button and was assaulted with static. Hitting the button he tried again, "I repeat, unidentified aircraft approaching from the east, identify yourself and reason for your approach!" This time he was nearly able to hear a voice over the noise, "This is Captain Ferdanand of the blue fang, are you receiving me?"
The operator hit the button again, "This is the control tower to the Blue Fang, if you are the aircraft in the clouds then I am receiving you."
"Control tower this is the Blue Fang. I am low on fuel and land landing clearance and direction."
"This is the control tower Blue Fang, I have you on approach. Drop 200 feet to clear the clouds and slip south by 30 meters to start your approach."
"Roger that control."
The aircraft dropped out of the clouds and with a sideways slide, lined himself up and came into land. He watched the aircraft come to a halt before going back to his book. He didn't look back to see the clouds rapidly vanishing.
I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com