News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Looking for someone to do a 1x1 with.

Started by DikkeVetteVlinder, November 06, 2015, 08:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DikkeVetteVlinder

So, I've been inactive for a long time here, but now that I'm back I would like to give the RP section here a shot and get some steampunky rp going. I would join a group rp, but I simply don't have the time for it without stalling the plot for everyone, so I'd prefer a 1x1 with someone who is okay with the fact that just can't post multiple times a day.
Few things about me and roleplaying;
I have a few plot-ideas, most of which involve fantasy and/or horror-elements because I am very much a sucker for those. I can do multiple characters, but I think I'll put my limit at three. More can always be added and I don't mind it if not all of the characters are in the spotlight all of the time. Also don't have problems with character deaths. Hell, that can even spice things up a bit. Raising the stakes and all that.
As for postlength, that kind of depends on what I get back. I'm okay with posts being a lot shorter during conversational scenes or action scenes.

Aside from the obvious, being steampunk and the aforementioned fantasy and horror, elements I love to incorporate in my rp's are action, adventure, dystopian stuff and apocalyptic things. Some of it can get pretty cliche, I admit that, but I can't help it, just love it. :')
Not too big into romance. Don't mind it if there's chemistry between the characters, but things like matching the characters up beforehand, really murders my inspiration at a spectacular pace :')
I'm not sure what the stance on this forum on sexual stuff is, but I'm not comfortable writing that sort of thing, so that's a no go for me.

I think that about covers it. If anyone is interested in giving this a shot, please let me know, either in this topic or through a pm. In the spoiler below will be an example of my writing style, so you can see if it appeals to you.

Spoiler: ShowHide
"So. Why me?" Amber asked, audibly amused. Neil turned around.
"I need someone just as crazy as I am."
Her expression made it clear that she wasn't certain on wether or not that was meant to be offensive. It probably helped that he had just called himself crazy as well. However, he felt a little push was in order. What he was about to offer was pretty reckless and dangerous on his part, but what he was about to do was even more so and he had no guarantee that he would even make it to tomorrow. He was way past worrying about risk.
"You offend me," she answered softly, but her tone betrayed her. Pissed or not, she was curious.
"I do that a lot. How does a massive discount sound to you?" Neil slowly sat down on the remains of an old sofa, seemingly relaxed. The girl considered it for a moment.
"Tempting. What do you need my help with?"
"Not necessarily yours. Anyone mad enough who isn't likely to slash my throat over a carton of cigarettes. But glad you asked."
Her eyebrows went up and the corners of her mouth twitched briefly.
"I'm listening."
Neil pressed his fingertips together and looked away for a moment.
"My time is coming to an end. Rapidly. I failed to pay an impossible debt. But I'm not planning to lie down and die."
"Then run. You had no qualms about that before."
Neil permitted himself a grim smile, looking back up at Amber, who was lighting a cigagrette and carefully side-eying him.
"You don't forget, do you? Yes, I could run. But how long do you think it'll take him to track me down and cut me up like he does anyone that gets in his way?" Neil got up again, pacing up and down the room. "My death won't be a clean nor a quick one, I know that for a fact and it doesn't particularly thrill me, that idea."
It was quiet for a moment.
"So I'm considering turning things around. A change in management, if you will."
Amber had been about to take a huff of the cigarette between her fingers, but froze in the midst of the movement.
"You want to fucking snuff out Akira," she said.
"Bingo."
Hearing it out loud, especially in a tone that implied she had no faith in his idea whatsoever, made him realize just how desperate this was.
"And you expect me to help you out? Assist you in a murder."
Neil shrugged and then nodded slowly.
"Yeah," he said slowly. "Yeah, that's about the gist of it."