News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Steampunk in Russia

Started by morozow, January 30, 2016, 03:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morozow

Thanks for the good words.

But unfortunately. As far as I can see it in the movie and articles and even the Simpsons. Negative and strange image of Russia and Russian was not a last time.

It's sad.
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Prof. Cecily

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
morozow- I know only far too well that bad publicity is impossible to counteract.
However
What you are doing here is an amazing work.
The steampunk in Russia thread is possibly my favourite here!

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

morozow

Good afternoon Professor.

Steampunk we don't have many :). But we have steampunk interesting.

So, it makes sense to make a trip to Muscovy. Just not right now. It's too dark now. And cold.
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Prof. Cecily

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.
A journey to Muscovy.
Yes.
You're quite right.

This is something to save up for and plan.
Brilliant idea, morozow

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

morozow

When awake to plan a route and draw it on the map. :) Please, help than I can. :)

morozow

artist-Illustrator Andrew Ferez

Spoiler: ShowHide

http://25kartinok.com

Hez

Fabulous art, thank you for posting it for us to discover.

morozow

morozow

A former resident of the city of Krasnoyarsk Konstantin Semenov, now living in USA, together with his team, SF team has developed a computer role-playing game in the genre of survival, the Steam Hammer, which takes place in an alternate Victorian era. Now developers are raising money on its launch on Kickstarter.

"It's a game with plenty of opportunities, getting on one of the Islands of the archipelago, Akibo with "bare hands" the player is to survive, to create tools, machines, and factories that would one day create the airship and then the other players will try to survive when you meet them", — said the developer.

So, the game is designed for 64 people on a single server. This is a classic Victorian environment in the style of steampunk — the direction of science fiction, simulating a civilization to master the mechanics and technology of steam engines. The launch is scheduled for the first quarter of 2017. On the project remotely working team from Russia and Belarus. Only 26 people.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bwg/steam-hammer-sandbox-rpg?ref=checkout_rewards_page

morozow

morozow

In Kostroma, staged a performance "don Juan or love for geometry", based on the play by Max Frisch.

And there in the costumes a few gears.

Prof. Cecily

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

morozow

Graffiti steampunk in the city of Tula.

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: morozow on December 01, 2016, 08:46:08 AM

I wish someone would do something like this in my home town, certainly beats the normal "tagging" I see everywhere. I like it.

morozow

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on December 02, 2016, 02:17:26 PM
Quote from: morozow on December 01, 2016, 08:46:08 AM

I wish someone would do something like this in my home town, certainly beats the normal "tagging" I see everywhere. I like it.
As far as I know. This is the order of the owners of the cafe, which will be open in the building. And not someone's loose and wicked creativity.

morozow

Creative steampunk-project - the story of a mysterious lab on the old station.

The history of one invention

[/img]

Ivanovo, Russia
Idea, script, decor, Studio decor Art sign
Photographer - Gregory Gogolev
Video Dmitry Muratov
The images of the models - Elena Isaeva and Kirill Melnichenko
Organization Victoria Chernova
Models and costumes - the Carso and Elena Sazanova
Jewelry models - Karso-Karso

morozow

The City Of Ulyanovsk

Ulyanovsk state pedagogical University named after I. N. Ulyanov

THE ANNUAL CREATIVE FESTIVAL "STUDENT AUTUMN – 2016"

The first in the third day of the festival "Student autumn Ulgpu – 2016" the program was presented by the creative team of the faculty of foreign languages.

The guys plunged the audience into the mysterious world of steampunk, the world of steam machines and mechanisms...

A brilliant scientist created the mechanism of the new time, but society was not yet ready for this.

Факультет иностранных языков - Студенческая осень УлГПУ - 2016 г.Ульяновск

morozow

Garage door and some decorations from junk

Thylacinus

Quote from: morozow on December 05, 2016, 05:33:17 PM
The City Of Ulyanovsk

The first in the third day of the festival "Student autumn Ulgpu – 2016" the program was presented by the creative team of the faculty of foreign languages.

The guys plunged the audience into the mysterious world of steampunk, the world of steam machines and mechanisms...

A brilliant scientist created the mechanism of the new time, but society was not yet ready for this.

Greetings Mr. Morozov,

Wow, the faculties of foreign languages at my university never did anything that creative or interesting!

I studied the Russian language in high school and college and visited three times, but that was a long time ago and I think I've forgotten it all now. Thank you for all of the very interesting links and references. One of my favorite American steampunk novels is Heart of Iron by Russian emigre Ekaterina Sedia. It moves very slowly at the beginning, but the literary depictions of life in the countryside and St Petersburg make up for it.

ETA: If anyone wants to see the student show, the segment in Cyrillic letters is a Youtube link. I didn't catch that at first.

morozow

Quote from: Thylacinus on December 05, 2016, 11:20:04 PM
Quote from: morozow on December 05, 2016, 05:33:17 PM
The City Of Ulyanovsk

Greetings Mr. Morozov,

Wow, the faculties of foreign languages at my university never did anything that creative or interesting!

I studied the Russian language in high school and college and visited three times, but that was a long time ago and I think I've forgotten it all now. Thank you for all of the very interesting links and references. One of my favorite American steampunk novels is Heart of Iron by Russian emigre Ekaterina Sedia. It moves very slowly at the beginning, but the literary depictions of life in the countryside and St Petersburg make up for it.

ETA: If anyone wants to see the student show, the segment in Cyrillic letters is a Youtube link. I didn't catch that at first.
Thank you ha a good word.

And that would be to remember the language you need to communicate with native speakers. So ;) come and see me in Russia.

morozow

Doll. Height 50 cm Weight about 12-15 kg.

Clym Angus

Quote from: morozow on November 06, 2016, 11:33:49 AM
Thanks for the good words.

But unfortunately. As far as I can see it in the movie and articles and even the Simpsons. Negative and strange image of Russia and Russian was not a last time.

It's sad.

Like certain countries pass up any opportunity to cast a British bad guy? There's a reason for that, a cultural memory and one which makes modern events seem like a pacifists picnic.

morozow

Quote from: Clym Angus on December 14, 2016, 12:15:42 PM

Like certain countries pass up any opportunity to cast a British bad guy? There's a reason for that, a cultural memory and one which makes modern events seem like a pacifists picnic.

Be sure all of you remember the case. ;)
Great game has not ended. HAHAHA. We, by the way, there are people who think so.

Clym Angus

Quote from: morozow on December 14, 2016, 12:57:44 PM
Quote from: Clym Angus on December 14, 2016, 12:15:42 PM

Be sure all of you remember the case. ;)
Great game has not ended. HAHAHA. We, by the way, there are people who think so.
[/quote]

We are all flawed. Piety is a virtue that sits awkwardly on may an orators shoulder, especially when they condemn. Even more so when the wide arch of history is taken into account.
We meddle in each others affairs, we can't help it. We're human.

morozow

The airship "Conqueror of the ocean." The work of Ilya Sabarina and co-author, Kostroma