News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Steampunk in Russia

Started by morozow, January 30, 2016, 03:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morozow

Мы отнюдь не дрожащія твари,
Въ каждомъ зиждется пассіонарій,
Мы покинемъ сей бренный виварій,
Юные дарованія!

Нашъ учитель фехтованья,
Выучилъ на славу насъ!
Шельма-врагъ не очень вѣжливъ?
Ахъ, тушѣ! Подлецъ поверженъ!

Страждущіе будутъ спасены!
Ать-два:
Рептиліи-пластуны!

Via Дореволюционный советчик
We are not a loathsome creature,
Each based passionary,
We will leave this mortal vivarium
Young Talents!

Nash Homma,
Learned us to glory!
Rascal-the enemy is not very polite?
Ah, tush! The villain is defeated!

Afflicted, will be saved!
One-two:
Reptiles-scouts

Pre-revolutionary adviser

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

ALS

morozow
Приветствую, коллега !
Доброе дело делаете, спасибо !

morozow

Добрый день :)

руками я всякие штуки делать не умею, вот и остается только рассказывать, что делают другие.
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

SEA OF DESPAIR is a romantic- metal band from Russia. NEW STEAMPUNK ALBUM "Covered with Ice: Music and Time".

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfhi2nxGMCNMcGP6ZaKmvcQ

Sea of Despair - Одинокое Купе (Official music video)

morozow

Started a new game project — "Pirates. Allods Online.

It will be sessional shooter with dynamic combat on a flying sailboat.

The project will unfold takes place in the universe "Allods Online".

the first trailer

«Пираты. Аллоды Онлайн» — первый трейлер игры!

morozow

In Krasnodar on 1 October for the fifth time to host a Victorian picnic.

The picnic will be installed dress code: welcome historical reconstruction and style (Medieval, Rococo, Baroque, Empire, Victorian era) and styles such as Gothic, steampunk, lolita.

Victorian Picnic, or a Victorian picnic is a social event outdoors for the first time held in Krasnodar on 12 October 2014 in the Botanical garden (Arboretum). The title refers to the Victorian era, in which, according to the sources, the fashion for picnics was widespread. Based on events taken the format of a Victorian picnic held by the representatives of subcultures and re-enactors in modern Europe and in Russia.

Victorian Picnic is in the first place, rest on the nature. This is an opportunity to make new acquaintances and meet with friends. Each picnic party will find something to their liking: communication, games, dancing, crafts and more. And memorable moments will retain the specially invited photographers.

http://zovem.ru/event/victorian-picnic-v-krasnodare-v-67550

morozow

Quest - "Steampunk Pinocchio"

The distant future, alternative Steampunk reality. The world froze in a decadent era, where everything runs on steam mechanisms and gears. Show business runs power Karabas-Barabas with his famous flying circus. However, the actors there aren't doing so good.

According to the creators, you dolls Karabas-Barabas in his flying circus. There are organized violent idea where his steam dolls to destroy the alien monster. You have 60 minutes before the start of gladiatorial combat to escape from the cruel Karabas. And where they keep naughty children, not to run away? That's right, in a cage, so try to escape...

https://request.ru/quests/stimpank-buratino/

morozow

The festival of steampunk "Alexandria plein air"

13 August 2016 in Alexandria Park will be the traditional summer festival "Alexandria plein air", dedicated to the steampunk world of the future through the eyes of the people of the past, the world of fantasy in the style of retro-futurism.

Alexandria Park is the embodiment of romantic ideas of the nineteenth century, the place where aesthetics of the past and the technical innovations have always gone hand in hand. It is in this Park for the second time will host the festival of Steampunk.

On this day everyone will be able to afford a little more than in real life to put on extravagant outfits to the session with a milliner of the nineteenth century, ride on the vintage bike, to see the experiments mad scientists and visit the Victorian dance floor, to touch such technical innovations as the ambrotype, a gramophone and a cinematograph, to meet with the actors of the first Russian steampunk movie "Corset" and enjoy the culinary delights of the nineteenth century on the Pudding party.

At the festival in the exhibition pavilion the visitors will appear as kinetic toys and fancy of the artist Viktor Grigoriev, participant and winner of numerous competitions, festivals and exhibitions, staged over 40 plays and several films in Russia and abroad. Since 2008, main artist Musical-drama theatre "the Blue bird" in Saint Petersburg, is the author showcases a Large puppet theater in St. Petersburg.

The festival program will begin at 12:00 on Novopecherski meadow in Alexandria. At 12:30 will become so beloved by the "Imperial race" from the Gothic station New Peterhof, the Gothic chapel in the Park "Alexandria". We invite everyone to take part in the bike ride and don't forget to decorate yourself and your iron horse in the aesthetics of steampunk!

http://zovem.ru/event/festival-stimpanka-aleksandriyskiy-plener-2016-67868

Alexandria Park, named after its first owner – the Empress Alexandra Feodorovna, wife of Nicholas I. the Sun, the flowers, shady groves of old oaks, "music of water" of the stream, vast meadows under merging with the Bay bottomless sky – all this is Alexandria – family home of four generations of the Romanov dynasty.

morozow

Wedding i Krasnojarsk

Spoiler: ShowHide

morozow

The characters of "Star wars" version of "Pre-revolutionary adviser".

morozow

I think I found the third gang of steampunkers in Russia.

Steampunk-festival "Panoptikum"

Ladies and gentlemen, Ladies and Gentlemen, Messieurs and Mademoiselles! Welcome to the place where the gears of time broke down, and stood watch. In a place where parallel worlds are merged, and the era was erased! Welcome to our crazy party!

Our goal is to bring You down, unusual people, seeing himself in the worlds of steampunk and dieselpunk, those that are attracted to the romance of post-Apocalypse and alternate reality.

Panoptikum — the Museum, the collection of various unusual items (e.g., wax, fancy living beings, etc.). In a figurative sense — a bunch of something incredible, horrible.

We named the festival "Panoptikum", because its main task is to surprise and impress guests with the PANOPTICON — a collection of awesome for You!

Plunge with us into an alternate reality, where a ball is ruled by the spirit of the Victorian era, the bizarre mingled with the sombre notes of the series. The story of this strange "drama" will unfold in the town of Bremen-Ville, inhabited by wonderful characters, as if descended from the pages of fiction. Anyone can be a spectator or a member of our extravagant festival. Hurry up to catch the strange event of the season!

Steampunk, dieselpunk, and cyberpunk stepsister stylistic direction of our festival, which are designed to create a wonderful atmosphere of post-Apocalypse on the other side of reality! Come surprise yourself and surprise others.

Plunge with us into an alternate reality, where a ball is ruled by the spirit of the Victorian era, the bizarre mingled with the sombre notes of the series. The story of this strange "drama" will unfold in the town of Bremen-Ville, inhabited by wonderful characters, as if descended from the pages of fiction. Anyone can be a spectator or a member of our extravagant festival. Hurry up to catch the strange event of the season!

http://zovem.ru/event/stimpank-festival-panoptikum-68115

I had a little chat with them. People are really fond of steampunk.

morozow

Lacquer miniatures on papier-mache. Molodkinym artists of Mstera.

morozow

we have been a holiday. The day of the city. Moscow 869 years.

On Red square the concert.

The girls sang in steampunk dresses. Don't know why they are so dressed. The song is not about that. Probably because beautiful.

https://www.1tv.ru/shows/koncerty/vystupleniya/anastasiya-stockaya-mariya-berseneva-idr--film-film-film-den-goroda-koncert-posvyashennyy-869letiyu-moskvy-fragment-vypuska-ot10092016

Prof. Cecily

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Morozow, what gorgeous lacquer miniatures. I'´d be interested in contacting the artists.

Also, could you please post up upcoming steampunk related events in Rusia for October-November?
I need this information for a radio broadcast about steampunk events outside of Spain.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

morozow

Good day, Professor Cecily

With artists it's simple :) - http://www.molodkin.com Even partly in English. Contacts molodkin73@bk.ru

With announcements more difficult. We now have fall, dark, cold, wet. :) Here in September was fun.

This is what I know.

October 1 - Victorian Picnic in Krasnodar (https://vk.com/victorian_picnic_krasnodar)

November 19 - steampunk dance party in Saint-Petersburg (https://vk.com/event74235152)

On November 19-20. Roleplay live action. "Legends Of Arkham. Lovecraft. Horror, mystery, detective." (http://universeandmyth.diary.ru), Moscow

Will still be traditional "Salon of Madame Falkenau" is a meeting of one of the steampunk groups. They are held every month, but the exact date can not say.

morozow

Sergei Chekmaev: Bestiarium (anthology) (this moment)

And still He woke up. Beast of the Worlds, Lord of R Leja, incomprehensible and unattainable Cthulhu came to Earth. But did not come alone, but together with all the Outer Pantheon, and the Ancient Elders, along with Dagon, Nyarlathotep, Yogi-Rototom... Infinitely distant from human comprehension, alien to everyday problems and concerns of people they came to rule our planet. The history of the world has irreversibly changed, 1939 — fatal for our Reality, has become a point of fracture. The era of proud individuals, explorers dizzying heights and race tracks, mad scientists, and the great dictators took over the horror of the coming of the Myths. Accepted, absorbed... and be able to assimilate. The new Earth is not like ours, here are busy Deep-water offshore drilling, Morsi help in shelters for the mentally ill, and soghati mechanics work. People have adapted to the new order, live in it and even enjoy life, themselves becoming part of a new, DIESEL MYTHS.

Prof. Cecily

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Thank you so much, morozow!
Both for the contacts and for the information.
As the radio goes on air, I'll you on links to my little broadcasts, so Russian steamers know that news of their activities is becoming international.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

morozow

morozow

It's not really Russia, it's Ukraine. Recently there was a steampunk festival

photographers :Sergey, Blue-eyed, Pyotr Stakhov (Kiev)
models: Andrey Kondratyuk, Herman Lukashevich, Alina Salas
the city Kropiwnicki, Ukraine

morozow

Here are two more steampunk events.

Organized by two rival gang of the Moscow steampunkers.

- October 29 the Creative Association "New rose", will hold its traditional "Salon of Madame Frolking", dedicated to Halloween.  http://zovem.ru/event/salona-madam-frolkinoy-halloween-69832

- 30 Oct. The leader of the "MosSteam", will give a lecture about steampunk. http://zovem.ru/event/stimpank-den-kultura-stilya-stimpank-69962

morozow

here! finally remembered! Wonderful book, wonderful writers.

Henry Lion Oldie, Andrei Valentinov:

Aluminum

It was a time of Faraday, Ohm, Oersted, Volta — the men of science who have not yet become units of measurement. It was a time of Cagliostro, Saint-Germain, Jung Silent and Eliphas Levi — magicians-charlatans, famous and obscure. Rocket Convex fell on Copenhagen, Europe remembered the iron hand of Napoleon, hiding in the shadows banned the Illuminati; China brewing Opium war. In the distant future quietly gurgled maze-lab, deciding the fate of humanity: from troglodytes to shape-shifters. And spun the gear Mechanism Time — the double helix centuries.

Mysticism vs science — who's who?

The novel is an artistic arrangement of the events of the early nineteenth century in several countries (France, China, UK, Denmark, the Russian Empire). The greatest attention is devoted to the development of science and technology, and a parallel consideration of many occult practices. Two branches of development of mankind are presented as antagonistic.

Hez

Quote from: morozow on October 24, 2016, 12:24:24 PM
It's not really Russia, it's Ukraine. Recently there was a steampunk festival

photographers :Sergey, Blue-eyed, Pyotr Stakhov (Kiev)
models: Andrey Kondratyuk, Herman Lukashevich, Alina Salas
the city Kropiwnicki, Ukraine

You ( I assume that is you) look splendid, sir.

morozow

Inna Kowalska "Steampunk in Rostov".

This song https://music.yandex.ru/artist/4518025

And this video shoot for this song

Стимпанк в Ростове как он есть !

And here all along and more photos - https://vk.com/steampunkrostov

morozow

A comic book, or rather collection of strips - Dark world.

Dark world-a world in the entourage of the 19th century. Is inhabited by many strange and gloomy personalities, with their vision of life and relation to her environment.

Dark world, dark and treacherous. Danger lurks everywhere, even in the most innocuous things. Now you smile, to another second of your back has been got a knife, twice.
The main characters – Mr. Morty himself, the Doctor and Mary. Other actors come and go, die and be resurrected.

http://acomics.ru/~morty-comics/content

- Yesterday Granny was buried. So much sad.
- Of course, such a tragedy.
- And don't say. So much abuse and insults from my grandmother we never heard of.

- Honey, it's our anniversary. 10.
- I made you some soup.

- Sweetheart, are you happy?
- I'm close to it.

Clym Angus

You see in the west, Russia has been getting a LOT of bad press at the moment. That said let us look back at all our countries; no one is perfect, no one person can stand there and say I judge because I and all of my countrymen are pure. Much has been done and continues to be done to give us all pause for thought. That said there is hope:

Our collective space agencies continue to push forward despite play and counter plays for advantage in the political field (my own country is in chaos so by that very merit I cannot judge). In the same way I feel as one with our Russian brethren in the pure pursuit of the enigma that is the quintessentially dapper.

You, are all looking splendid! Long may it continue. In the name of the mother country (whichever it maybe) or simply for yourselves. These moments are indeed moments of beauty.