News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!

Started by Banfili, April 19, 2016, 02:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banfili

Plans for another trip to Ireland all falling in to place. Junior nephew is coming with, so company, and a new person to corrupt in the ways of the eccentric Irish!

Siliconous Skumins

Here is the new thread to replace the old. Enjoy!

:)
[Server Prayer]
Spoiler: ShowHide

I am a node of Server,
                      Born of flesh and blood,
                      But enhanced by the power of its web.
                      I have no use for pain or fear.
                      My scripts are a focus of my will.
                      My strength is my knowledge.
                      My weapons are my skills.
                      Information is the blood of my body.
                      I am part of the greater network.
                      I am host to the vast data of server.
                      My flesh is weak,
                      But my connection is eternal,
                      And therefore I am a god.      

[/Server Prayer] 

The Bullet

Some spare time to spend in the workshop and leave the world outside.
If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.

Cora Courcelle

Just a couple of days before we're off to Whitby Goth Weekend and I have actually finished all the sewing I need to do - of course I still have to close the suitcase!
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Lady Ava

I HAVE REMEMBERED HOW TO EAT WITHOUT THROWING UP.

ALSO UPPED MY STEP GOAL ON MY FITBIT BY 20%

(The caps are needed, I promise, I'm just excited.)
''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!

Banfili

It is good to be excited, Lady Ava!
Onwards and upwards! ;D

Banfili

Had lunch at the pub on Tuesday next town down the road - they had a TARDIS on their deck outside. Didn't see the Dr. around, though!

Inflatable Friend

Decided to stop just reading about Steampunk period fitness and planning to do it on my own 'soon' and instead take the plunge and do the closest modern version available nearby.

So, first Crossfit session was today, much fun was had by all even if I did have to go and have a little sit-down-and-try-not-to-throw-up moment and someone appears to have replaced my arm and chest muscles with numb jelly.

Good times :)

Madasasteamfish

Spending a couple of days visiting my parents and being able to spend time with my home town's steampunk society has made me happy today.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Siliconous Skumins

Only thing to make me happy today, is that the Newcastle Maker Faire is this weekend. Will keep an eye out for any interesting things and post pics here on BG.   :)
[Server Prayer]
Spoiler: ShowHide

I am a node of Server,
                      Born of flesh and blood,
                      But enhanced by the power of its web.
                      I have no use for pain or fear.
                      My scripts are a focus of my will.
                      My strength is my knowledge.
                      My weapons are my skills.
                      Information is the blood of my body.
                      I am part of the greater network.
                      I am host to the vast data of server.
                      My flesh is weak,
                      But my connection is eternal,
                      And therefore I am a god.      

[/Server Prayer] 

The Bullet

Replaced wooden seat and backrest planks of my long garden bench.
Cast Iron bits still in good shape.
Wood was starting to rot.
Now I´m ready for the good weather.
This bench is in the far cornder of the garden. My favourite place for reading in the summer evenings.
If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.

James Harrison

Looks to be a nice sunny day.  Shall be going out in my car later to take advantage of it.
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Caledonian

Passion is like a Peatfire

Mme. Ratchet

Looking forward to a couple of new upcoming projects, and excited for payday to come soon so I can get the last of the things that I need to finish my smoking cap, as well as a couple of days off work for some (hopefully) rest and relaxation.

This semester of school is starting to wind down now in the next couple of weeks, and I will have passed my technical writing and, hopefully, my Psychology class for my degree.

I may also be taking a trip to shoot some of my black powder firearms soon. They've not been fired in a long while, so I will be quite happy.

Life is good.

SeVeNeVeS

ForestB

Made some money on some stuff my husband was getting rid of in the garage. I put it on craigslist and it didn't take a day to sell... Now to put up the next batch of stuff!
Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com

Banfili

Had a nice op shop find today - oval silver tray, no EPNS marks, so solid silver, not super thick, but real, all the same. Grand cost of $2!! Have to count that as a win!

James Harrison

I need to buy a new suitcase.  I found (and bought) one of these...

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Banfili

Now that is a beautiful piece of kit - well done, you!

James Harrison

Well, it is a goal of mine eventually to have pretty much everything I own (within reason) after the fashion of 1890-1910.  This is another small part of that.

Mme. Ratchet

I have my living room almost clean enough to be able to move furniture around in it, so there's that! Huzzah for makings of clean! \o/

Banfili

James, it would look good boarding the Orient Express!

ForestB

James, I am now going to covet your new suitcase.... that is one fabulous piece of luggage!
Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com

W. S. Marble

Quote from: James Harrison on May 02, 2016, 12:16:17 PM
I need to buy a new suitcase.  I found (and bought) one of these...

Easily the coolest thing I have seen all day.  Well done!

Banfili

ForestB, we can covet all we want, but I don't think we are going to get it!! ;D