News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Mals Gun Firefly

Started by Kevin C Cooper Esq, August 13, 2016, 06:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin C Cooper Esq

After seeing one of Cockett & Pughs splendid pieces in the hands of a fellow steampunk I was sized by the usual irresistible urge "see it, want it, make it"! So I did, Not terribly accurate, shouldn't have been doing it, so it was a bit rushed. but I'm pleased with it all the same. Let's just say Captain Trellis has nothing to fear from this quarter!

Banfili

Still, nice work, Mr Cooper!

Kevin C Cooper Esq

Quote from: Banfili on August 14, 2016, 08:03:28 AM
Still, nice work, Mr Cooper!
Thanks, I'm close enough to see it's short comings but I'm still pleased with it.

Captain Trellis

Stop it Kevin......you're making me blush.

Anyway, yours looks like a much more faithful copy of the original, whereas mine was only a steampunk inspired 'rendition'.

Exact replicas are always harder to build; no wiggle room.

I can't tell from the picture if it's scratch built or based on a resin kit, but either way the end result is most impressive.

Kevin C Cooper Esq

Quote from: Captain Trellis on August 15, 2016, 12:19:48 PM
Stop it Kevin......you're making me blush.

Anyway, yours looks like a much more faithful copy of the original, whereas mine was only a steampunk inspired 'rendition'.

Exact replicas are always harder to build; no wiggle room.

I can't tell from the picture if it's scratch built or based on a resin kit, but either way the end result is most impressive.

Morning Captain.
No need to blush, Praise where it's due and all that. Your steampunk version was excellent. I just copied the photos. It's scratch built, I'm tight fisted!

RJBowman

There was an official Malcolm Reynolds pistol replica:
https://www.amazon.com/Serenity-CAPT-REYNOLDS-PISTOL-REPLICA/dp/B000XPX20M/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Currently out of stock on Amazon. If you are lucky enough to find one, it will set you back a few hundred dollars. Time for the resin kit makers to step in.

Kevin C Cooper Esq

Quote from: RJBowman on August 19, 2016, 06:47:58 PM
There was an official Malcolm Reynolds pistol replica:
https://www.amazon.com/Serenity-CAPT-REYNOLDS-PISTOL-REPLICA/dp/B000XPX20M/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Currently out of stock on Amazon. If you are lucky enough to find one, it will set you back a few hundred dollars. Time for the resin kit makers to step in.
My motto is "See it, want it, make it!"

Banfili