News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Perfect Steampunk Car + Fabulous Land Vehicles

Started by Hurricane Annie, January 23, 2017, 01:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane Annie

Quote from: RJBowman on April 04, 2023, 03:20:05 PM
Not really steampunk but interesting an related to the current line of conversation:

This is the Cheetah, a military vehicle from 1977 that influenced the design of the U.S. military HUMVEE:

This is the G.I. Joe VAMP, a toy released by Hasbro in 1982, a design also influenced by the Lamborghini Cheetah:

If you look of the history of the HUMVEE, it was released in 1983, a year after the Hasbro toy. So GI Joe had this kind of vehicle before the actual army did.

I'm of the strong belief that the boffins,  billionaires, political players, movie producers, writers, artists, actors, corporate types,  state department execs and military brass all have dinner parties together swapping secrets and stories. Life imitating art is no coincidence .

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: RJBowman on April 04, 2023, 03:20:05 PM
Not really steampunk but interesting an related to the current line of conversation:

This is the Cheetah, a military vehicle from 1977 that influenced the design of the U.S. military HUMVEE:

This is the G.I. Joe VAMP, a toy released by Hasbro in 1982, a design also influenced by the Lamborghini Cheetah:

If you look of the history of the HUMVEE, it was released in 1983, a year after the Hasbro toy. So GI Joe had this kind of vehicle before the actual army did.

I had an RC toy car that looked a lot like that. Unstoppable.

J. Wilhelm

In other news, I want to go camping like this. Looks good enough to live in.

J. Wilhelm

The Brennan Self Balancing Monorail!

novice

Quote from: Ascent on January 23, 2022, 05:30:31 PMThat's the old fasioned rotary

I believe that type of engine known as a radial.
make each day count

novice

Quote from: chironex on May 20, 2021, 10:44:48 AM

I need to get a pic of it, a traction engine is in someone's backyard a few towns over. Been there years.

Finally on display at the Workshops Museum, a Marshall roller and a Garrett traction engine.
make each day count