News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Splendid Day Out, Morecambe

Started by Cora Courcelle, May 23, 2017, 07:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cora Courcelle

Just thought I'd remind folk that A Splendid Day Out is 3rd - 4th June, and looking at their website it is going to be splendid indeed, they are even promising gin. We'll be there, hopefully; do say hello if you see me.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Miranda.T

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on May 23, 2017, 07:24:53 PM
Just thought I'd remind folk that A Splendid Day Out is 3rd - 4th June, and looking at their website it is going to be splendid indeed, they are even promising gin. We'll be there, hopefully; do say hello if you see me.

Do have a wonderful time - let's hope the current incredible weather continues for it. On the other hand, Steampunk attire can be a bit hot, so maybe it could do with cooling down just a bit...

Yours,
Miranda.

Aubreay Fallowfield

Unfortunately we in the WMSA shall be hunting dinosaurs
Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.

Never mind the Cogs

Will they be having a splendid day sequel later in the year...?
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!

Cora Courcelle

Yes, just a bit cooler, but no precipitation would be nice.

Good luck to all involved with the dinosaur hunting; one of the BBC Breakfast weather forecasters was broadcasting from the Botanic Gardens with dinos in the background and they looked really fun.

I think that SDO are planning their usual smaller event for October and hopefully I'll have some dates when we return.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Cora Courcelle

This was indeed a splendid day out with an airship pirate theme and lots of things to look at.  As usual I got so carried away I forgot the importance of taking photos, but there are quite a few in the gallery on their website.  The autumn event is 13th - 15th October and will be a smaller affair usually a market and entertainers, but still worth a visit if you are in the area; otherwise put the date in your diary for 2018 - the first weekend in June.  (And no, I'm not on commission!)

Cora Courcelle

Is anyone going to Morecambe for the autumn ASDO weekend?  We hope to be there both days (14th and 15th Oct).

Never mind the Cogs

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on September 20, 2017, 05:51:53 PM
Is anyone going to Morecambe for the autumn ASDO weekend?  We hope to be there both days (14th and 15th Oct).

at least for the saturday
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!

Miranda.T

We did consider going and combining this with a trip to the Blackpool illuminations, but on reflection we felt it was a bit too close to Whitby and two relatively long journeys in quick succession would be a bit too heavy going. However, we plan to be a bit more on the ball for the spring event in 2018, or maybe swap Whitby for next October's Splendid Day Out.

Yours,
Miranda.

Cora Courcelle

Dear Never Mind the Cogs
Do feel free to say hello if you see me.

Dear Miranda
The last couple of years the June event has been the bigger of the two although there is still a lot of splendidness in the autumn event.  We are also looking forward to Whitby a couple of weeks later.

Drew P

Unfortunately, I do not goto events, they are either far away and between or plans are already in affect. Pretty much, the only event I have had attended was TeslaCon here in the Midwest(as they call it) some years ago.

Now, with all of this talk here, how come no one ever seems to use their phone camera?

And Links don't count.
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

Miranda.T

Dear Cora,
How did the Splendid Day Out go? The weather certainly seemed to be playing along for once.

Yours,
Miranda.

P.S. Will you be around Whitby next Saturday and/or Sunday?

Cora Courcelle

Dear Miranda

A Splendid Day Out was great fun, although considerably smaller than the June event, but the same friendly atmosphere as always.  And, as always, I spent so much time talking I forgot to take photographs!

We are indeed going to Whitby, actually from the day after tomorrow for a week (unless my mother-in-law takes a turn for the worse).  We'd love to catch up with you if you're around but because I never look at a computer when I am away I'll PM you my mobile number and perhaps you could text me if you are free.

Best wishes
Cora

Cora Courcelle

Time to be splendid at A Splendid Day Out this weekend (2nd & 3rd June)  This summer event just seems to get better each year.  This time they're promising quite a bit of free entertainment including 'Alice's Night Circus' and 'Victor and the Bully', with an overall theme of 'Around the World in Eighty Days'.  Should be fun.

Miranda.T

That sounds fantastic, and I wish we could be up there but unfortunately real-world commitments need to be attended to. I hope you both have a wonderful time  :)

Yours,
Miranda.

Cora Courcelle

Is it really only a few weeks to the autumn ASDO?  12th to 14th October this time - I really must get some accommodation booked ...