News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Vandalia-Con: Saving the Mothers of Invention, WV 2020 Cancelled

Started by Captain, May 26, 2017, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

http://www.vandalia-con.org/

Vandalia-Con: Saving the Mother of Invention is a Steampunk/Science-Fiction Convention that raises funds to provide uninsured West Virginia women with breast and cervical cancer screening, diagnostic and treatment services.

Registration is now open! You may purchase your tickets here or at the door.

The Goblin Tea and the Cowboy Tea Parties are limited to 20 guests each and tickets must be purchased before May 15th! Only preregistered guests will be able to participate.

To book your hotel room at the beautiful and historic Blennerhassett Hotel click here and use discount code VCONA18. (code is case sensitive)
-Karl

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl

Captain

"A Missive from the Captain...
It is with a heavy heart that I must let you know Vandalia-Con 2020 will be canceled.  With the economic fallout from the COVID-19 Pandemic we are asking that those who normally sponsor our efforts, reach out where you see the most need and find a way to help.
Mr. Roger's always said that you will see the helpers in times of crisis, and that is true. Heroes of Vandalia, it has been my privilege to witness your time, talent, skills, and efforts over the years. Your dedication to increasing health equity through action is inspiring. 
I know that many of you will be on the front lines of this pandemic. Others will need to retreat due to being high risk.  Know that both of these things are noble.  All of you are helping when sharing validated information from CDC, SOCIAL DISTANCING and WASHING YOUR HANDS!  The time before us is uncertain but the heart of Vandalia's heroes is strong.
This is the time to use your creativity and talents to help one another. This is the time to use your privilege (however small) to help someone in need. This is the time to be the hero of the story- even if it is just yourself that you can save.
So WASH YOUR HANDS, reach out to one another (not literally), and ready yourself to sail through this storm.  For even in the face of a dark and angry sea, life is an awfully big adventure. Thank you all."
-Karl