News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Steampunk Revamp Of Quebec City's Gallerie De La Capitale's Mega Parc

Started by chicar, July 06, 2017, 09:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicar

Hooray, a steampunk theme parc soon to be near where i live. I mean, there a couple of dieselpunky and atompunky restaurant but a intentionally steampunk THEME PARC, that a much welcome first.

In French:
http://www.journaldequebec.com/2017/07/05/photos-voici-le-futur-mega-parc-des-galeries-de-la-capitale

Funny thing is i always thought the Mega Parc was always few color swap for being steamy and i actually dreamed i was going in a version who have been revamped in a slightly similar way than the preview pic in the article (althought more decopunk than steampunk).
The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

chicar

Alrighty folk, the great opening is tomorrow. I plan to go somewhere between this week end and next week depending of time and money therefore i shall give a review then.

Until then, here the official website (In french):
https://www.mega-parc.com/fr
The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''

chicar

REVIEW TIME !!!!

Pro:

-Simply MAGNIFICENT as you can see in this video i made (sorry for the camera handling, the last thing i wanted was than my first experience be live throught a lens):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GmynaiE1i4

- The ride i done was fun and those i don't promising. And there a lot of options for coglings too, i plan to suggest it to my sister and my nephews next time they go visit.

-A lot of very nice future snacking options for my inner glutton.

-Surprisingly undercrowded for a new theme park, but then again is day 5.

- Have a personalised jazz ambience, a nice touch i somehow expected.

Con:

-Still some fixing to do. Get stuck in one ride and have been too large (not even fat, just athletic) for another.

-Stay away from the electronic ticket booths. I have to fight the touchscreens to give my postal code and they refused my bank card. Their humans hidden the central scene, so go there.

-Costy, not much in money than  in the points you use to acess the ride. For what grant me 4-5 rides in the old Mega Parc, i only get 2 in the new (and i had to pay a extra two because i lacked 2 points for the second). Next times, i would ask for 20 points instead of whatever i can get for 10 buck.

Verdict: A nice first time, i hope it would survive this clunky debut long enought for me to return many other times.