News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Steampunk Event in a 200 year old fully operating STEAM engine House - Wiltshire

Started by croftonman, July 24, 2017, 07:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croftonman

Hello.
I've been tasked with planning a Steampunk event INSIDE a fully operating Steam museum.   Lots of steam, polished brass, and real moving parts as the 200 year old engine will be operating during the event.  You can get up close and see it, touch it, smell it, and feel it.

A chance to dress up and really be part of the steam experience.

The event is planned for summer 2018 in the middle of the beautiful Wiltshire countryside.   I'm looking for people to help organise it ...  Help .... :-)   Any volunteers?

Maybe Brass Googles wants to attend?

Message me if you want to be part of it.... Ta

Rockula

Sounds good.

However, when planning dates, do remember that The Asylum in Lincoln happens every year over the August Bank Holiday and it is very well attended festival.
There are also other Steampunk events all over the country, of varying sizes, nearly every weekend.

I only mention this as you may want to careful about setting a date to avoid conflicts that would reduce the attendance for your event.  ;)
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

croftonman

Its happening .... 27th and 28th July 2019.
Professor Elemental and Alice's Night circus booked for the weekend.
Teapot racing, Nerf gun duelling and Tea Duelling.
All in the environment of a 200 year old Steam Engine.

Website will launch on Friday ...  www.croftonbeamengines.org/event/steampunk-weekend/

T