News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

LINCOLN ASYLUM 2017

Started by Rockula, August 19, 2017, 11:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockula

Strange for a Steampunk Forum not to have a page for this year's Asylum.
Unless I've gone blind.

So here's one.

We're going up on Thursday.

Who else?
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Caledonian

Passion is like a Peatfire

Madasasteamfish

I'll be arriving at some point Friday.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Cora Courcelle

I will be sitting at home going an unattractive shade of chartreuse.

Do all have a lovely, lovely time  :D
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

ICO

We'll be there from Friday... does seem a bit Asylum quiet here...

Madasasteamfish

Probably a combination of the asylum being so big/established (which means pretty much everyone in the SP community knows about it) and our membership being made up of people more established in the community (so therefore BG is their first port of call rather than the book of arses faces for anything SP) and the general attempts by the aforementioned book of arses to become the be all and end all of online social activity sending traffic there rather than elsewhere.

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Rockula

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on August 21, 2017, 04:47:01 PM
Probably a combination of the asylum being so big/established (which means pretty much everyone in the SP community knows about it) and our membership being made up of people more established in the community (so therefore BG is their first port of call rather than the book of arses faces for anything SP) and the general attempts by the aforementioned book of arses to become the be all and end all of online social activity sending traffic there rather than elsewhere.

All fair points. However, I know there are often new Members here who discover us and THEN find the Facebook pages.

Personally I do both 'cause it's not either or...and this place is less frantic...  ;D

Evangeline

I'll be there, managing the Assembly Rooms venue - come and see me :)

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Rockula on August 21, 2017, 05:24:20 PM

All fair points. However, I know there are often new Members here who discover us and THEN find the Facebook pages.

Personally I do both 'cause it's not either or...and this place is less frantic...  ;D

Same here. I follow the arsebook pages but rarely post and prefer things here.

Caledonian

(....) (which means pretty much everyone in the SP community knows about it)(...)

Which is why i was very surprised to see this happen in a steampunk chat i recently joined.
(Steamsheep being me)

Winterbourne Gunner

I'll be there for my 8th year, it'll be interesting to see how having the University as a day site will work, I think many things will be missed travelling back and forth.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."

Madasasteamfish

3 days to go and I'm literally JUST starting a project for my 6th time asylum (7th if you count the one day trip).

Is that some kind of record?

Caledonian

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on August 22, 2017, 04:18:21 PM
3 days to go and I'm literally JUST starting a project for my 6th time asylum (7th if you count the one day trip).

Is that some kind of record?

I still have to finish my outfit as well. Still need to order chains. Doubt if they will be in time....think i need to scratch some things.

Rockula

I've been sorted and packed for a week.
Just got to fuel the car ready for tomorrow.

My wife will 'bung some sh*t in a bag' in the morning.
She must be the only person who has done EVERY Asylum but doesn't actually like Steampunk.
Luckily she enjoys the company of Steampunks and loves Lincoln.  ;D

Hektor Plasm

I'll be up on Friday!
Nearly funked out with a mad cold and insomniac flop sweats due to last minute* frantic cutting sawing glueing, leathering etc and generally finding that plans only work in the planning stage...  ;D

And I'll try not to lose anything this time...

:P

HP

* Last minute = started slowly six months ago, last 99% still being done right now!
"all die! o, the embarrassment."
H Plasm Esq. ICUE    Avatar by and with kind permission of Dr Geof. Ta!!

Some musings:-
http://hektorplasm.blogspot.co.uk/

Rockula

Here we go......................

Banfili

Have great fun and a grand time all of you!
;D ;D ;D

Caledonian

On a night boat, leaving port right now. Guess I might see some people tomorrow

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Caledonian on August 24, 2017, 08:32:11 PM

Entirely possible. I should be arriving in Lincoln somtime tomorrow morning.

Madasasteamfish

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

Here .... and having a stroll around :)
"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."

Caledonian

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on August 24, 2017, 08:39:55 PM
Quote from: Caledonian on August 24, 2017, 08:32:11 PM

Entirely possible. I should be arriving in Lincoln somtime tomorrow morning.

Only problem is im really bad at recognising people

Cora Courcelle

Hope you have all survived the weekend  :D :D :D
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Major Wolfram Quicksilver

'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'

Caledonian