News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Enfettering Musket Mark II

Started by Ephriam Lunchwaiste, March 16, 2018, 10:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephriam Lunchwaiste

a.k.a. The Lunchwaiste Lariat Cannon (colloquially known as "The Whippersnapper"). After witnessing the popularity of the Mark I Enfettering Musket with law enforcement officers, military recruiters and beleaguered nannies, the engineers at Lunchwaiste and Sons got straight to work on an enhanced model with a larger air pressure chamber, a more ergonomically situated retrieval crank and a comfortably padded leather grip. This new enhanced model has been proven to command enough stopping power to halt a charging prairie squid at 30 paces*.

*we suggest you avoid using the Lariat Cannon on Prairie Squid, Shoggoths or Jack-Razors, unless suitably prepared to deal with the consequences.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Ephriam Lunchwaiste on March 16, 2018, 10:19:45 PM
a.k.a. The Lunchwaiste Lariat Cannon (colloquially known as "The Whippersnapper"). After witnessing the popularity of the Mark I Enfettering Musket with law enforcement officers, military recruiters and beleaguered nannies, the engineers at Lunchwaiste and Sons got straight to work on an enhanced model with a larger air pressure chamber, a more ergonomically situated retrieval crank and a comfortably padded leather grip. This new enhanced model has been proven to command enough stopping power to halt a charging prairie squid at 30 paces*.

*we suggest you avoid using the Lariat Cannon on Prairie Squid, Shoggoths or Jack-Razors, unless suitably prepared to deal with the consequences.

That looks like a marvelous device, Mr. Lunchwaiste. Certainly would be very useful along the banks of the Colorado River near Waterloo, Texas, where we have suffered from an infestation of Prarie Squid since the 1840s!

I remain AYS
Adm. J Wilhelm

PS. If you pardon me for asking, would the device be useful against Tree Octopi?

Ephriam Lunchwaiste

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on March 16, 2018, 11:47:19 PM
PS. If you pardon me for asking, would the device be useful against Tree Octopi?

I think you'll find it useful against most arboreal cepholapods, aside from the larger specimens of Hawthorn Cuttlefish, obviously.

RJBowman

This is what I like to see; a costume prop that is something other than a standard "ray gun". Some creativity went into this gun.

Synistor 303

For me, it's the humour. Workmanship is 50% and humour is the other half. Well done!

Banfili

Put a hook attachment on the business end of the lariat, and other pestiferous creatures of the sea could also be captured and subdued - such as the transient Palatine Groper of much infamy.

Anselmofanzero

OK this is the second pic on this forum acting weird on my screen :< it looks either 50% vertically censored or
not fully loaded! Anybody else?