News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Whitby Goth Weekend

Started by Cora Courcelle, April 19, 2018, 02:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cora Courcelle

I was just wondering if anyone is going to the WGW next week?  We are planning to be there so if anyone sees me do say hello.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Miranda.T

Do have a have a wonderful time! It might even be good weather for once...

Yours,
Miranda.

Synistor 303

We don't have anything like this down under... Part of the reason I am a maker and not a dresser-upper. I do envy you - have a great time and take some photos!

Cora Courcelle

Of course the disadvantage of being a dresser-upper is that one accumulates so many, many things to dress up in. And my other half is just as bad and is taking both male and female gear this time, so at the moment the question uppermost in my mind is 'Is the vehicle chassis strong enough to take the weight .......'
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Miranda.T

It's when you need to add a top-box to the car to give enough volume for all the outfits that you need to start to worry ;-)

Yours,
Miranda.

Cora Courcelle

But we're already going in a van ....

Miranda.T

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on April 23, 2018, 04:30:41 PM
But we're already going in a van ....

Which does seem to be getting rather full .....
(but it's only a smallish van; if it was a lorry I'd be getting really worried  :D)

Miranda.T

Dear Cora, I've been meaning to ask - did you both have a good time in Whitby and do you have any piccys of your fabulous outfits? I do hope the answer to both is yes!

Yours,
Miranda.

Cora Courcelle

My dear Miranda
Yes, we did indeed have a good time at Whitby (albeit slightly chilly at times, but what else is new?)  David shot some video but hasn't had a chance to edit it yet, so I don't know when it will be ready.  WGW itself didn't seem as busy and there didn't seem to be the same number of dealers, many of whom were in the main hall upstairs; no-one in the theatre which I understand is where the evening performances took place, although we were at the Rifle Club entertainments which were really fun - if you get the chance to see The Captain of the Lost Waves I really recommend him.  
The next Whitby outing is to the Steampunk Weekend in July, but first it's A Splendid Day Out at Morecambe, in two days time to be precise.  And the outfit I was making is being such a b*%%:r, that I've decided to jump up and down on it and throw it in the corner postpone finishing it until I have more time!
Best wishes
Cora

Miranda.T

I'm so pleased you had a good time, and I look forwards to seeing the video (to be uploaded to YouTube I presume?) Funny you shoukd say that about the traders - I clicked onto the WGW site to see who was lined up for October and found no mention of the autumn event, it was still showing the April one. To not have the dates advertised by the end of May is unusual...

Yours,
Miranda.

Cora Courcelle

Anybody going to WGW next weekend?

Cora Courcelle

Ccccold ... it was so very, very cold ...  didn't take any photos and one of the days was so bad we actually wore anoraks and woolly hats!!! (We still weren't warm - just not as cold). But we did have a good time :)

Miranda.T

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on November 03, 2018, 07:59:58 PM
Ccccold ... it was so very, very cold ...  didn't take any photos and one of the days was so bad we actually wore anoraks and woolly hats!!! (We still weren't warm - just not as cold). But we did have a good time :)

Im glad you enjoyed it, despite the weather. Steampunk woolly hats... is there a knitting pattern for a cog?  :D

Yours,
Miranda.

P.S. Just to be annoying, I've just seen that the weather has decided to be mild next week...

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: Miranda.T on November 04, 2018, 10:42:39 AM

.Steampunk woolly hats... is there a knitting pattern for a cog?  :D

If there is it would take me until next year to make it.
I knitted a pair of baby bootees once and by the time I'd finished them the baby was walking!