News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

2018 Time Travellers' Picnic, Adelaide SA

Started by Melrose, December 13, 2018, 04:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melrose

Video of last weekend's picnic, Adelaide, South Australia. Nice work by Karen J Carlisle. I'm the old guy in the pith helmet, referencing Ray Bradbury's "Sound of Thunder". We were also blessed by the presence of Dr. Who, and Carmen Santiago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxKir8m6sI

frances

Looks like you ended up having a good time.  That's what it is all about!

Miranda.T

It does look like everyone had a good time despite the rain and the slightly itinerant nature of the event, and your explorer/adventurer outfit was decidedly smart  :). Funnily enough, this year for many of our group's outings we seemed to be running into weddings. I always feel a bit sorry for them; there is the wedding party, everyone having made their best effort to look special for the day, and then a bunch of Steampunks turn up in all their finery...

Yours,
Miranda.

Melrose

I had similar thoughts, Miranda. But more along the lines of how humid (dare I say steamy?) it was to be wearing a lot of clobber, whether steamp8unk or wedding gear. Two of the ceremonies were in the open as well. I guess it makes stories to tell the kids. Along with the stories they might have about people dressed in freaky costumes!

Hurricane Annie

A fabulous time had by all. That was a wonderful video.   The Adelaide Botanical Gardens look so inviting