News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

A single thread for all my posts?

Started by SeVeNeVeS, February 02, 2019, 01:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeVeNeVeS

I'm always making things, majority on topic, some off, some are shelved for inspiration or lack of parts.

My question to the powers that be, and wonderful members alike, would it be acceptable to post any and all creations in one long thread in tactile? (a little like James' non-SP model building thread)

I have been somewhat lackadaisical in posting for a while, if my antique camera still works I am thinking of posting the ups and downs of enhancing my house to my style, mainly Steampunk aesthetic.

Please do let me know what you guys an gals think.

Many Thanks.

SeVeN.

Hurricane Annie

A personal project posting page  would be perfectly acceptable and appropriate. A progress report is always appreciated

Synistor 303

Quote from: Hurricane Annie on February 02, 2019, 04:53:01 PM

A personal project posting page  would be perfectly acceptable and appropriate. A progress report is always appreciated

I'd second that.

Banfili

Quote from: Synistor 303 on February 03, 2019, 01:19:14 AM

I'd second that.

I'd third that!
Support from down under, en masse!

SeVeNeVeS

If I can work out the camera on my phone, this may be a go, again, any objections?

Deimos

Quote from: Banfili on February 03, 2019, 01:52:14 AM
Quote from: Synistor 303 on February 03, 2019, 01:19:14 AM

I'd second that.

I'd third that!
Support from down under, en masse!

And I'd fourth that! As in: Let us go 'fourth' and do that!

@SeVeNeVeS....maybe change the name of the thread to SeVeNeVeS Projects?
Mine would be Deimos Projects... and so on; [name] Projects.

That way anyone looking for a specific project by a member would only have to search for the person's name.
Of course  they would have to hunt through that thread, but at least the member search would be pretty easy: First Tactile, then scroll down for the named thread. 
"Unless you're prepared to surrender everything, don't surrender anything."

Society: Be yourself.
Me: OK
Society: No. Not like that.

James Harrison

Another forum I frequent, 'workbench' threads are the norm rather than the exception.  It can then be a bit tricky tracking down things within those threads, but most posters start with an index or contents post that they then update to direct people to at least the page that a project might appear on. 
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: James Harrison on June 28, 2020, 05:17:51 PM
Another forum I frequent, 'workbench' threads are the norm rather than the exception.  It can then be a bit tricky tracking down things within those threads, but most posters start with an index or contents post that they then update to direct people to at least the page that a project might appear on. 

That has a simple solution. You can always modify your initial post as many times as you want. Add a contents index!! You can list the page number for each topic, and just keep adding numbers as you go along

Prof Marvel

I really applaud the idea!

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on June 28, 2020, 06:15:02 PM

That has a simple solution. You can always modify your initial post as many times as you want. Add a contents index!! You can list the page number for each topic, and just keep adding numbers as you go along

J that is brilliant!

yhs
prof marvel
MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Prof Marvel on August 28, 2020, 08:42:05 AM
I really applaud the idea!

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on June 28, 2020, 06:15:02 PM

J that is brilliant!

yhs
prof marvel

Thank you. Since we're all savvy hipsters now with our smartphones and tablets we forgot there's such a thing as an index. We're so used to asking Alexa to find our reading material

Banfili

J. Wilhelm

Banfili

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on August 29, 2020, 08:27:17 AM
Quote from: Banfili on August 29, 2020, 07:58:18 AM
Who is Alexa?
;D ;D

She's Google's sister and Siri's rival at school  ;D.

Ah, I see! I see no reason to ask a disembodied voice for answers - I look it up myself!!