News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

The « If I Was A Theme Park Designer » Thread

Started by chicar, May 04, 2019, 12:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicar

I'm in a odd theme park fantasy designing mood today.

Steam Hollow

Overall Thematic: Steampunk mixed up with a bit of shamanic dark fantasy and a lot of dark humor.

Localisation: In a rural area surrounded by woodlands. Preferably in the more eco friendly fashion.

Maintenance : Like Disneyworld, it would have his own solar plants. The steam powered ride will be fueled with artificial logs made with recycled paper.

Thrill District

Esthetic : Gritty And Dirty, Lot Of Red Brick And Metal

Ambience Music: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbydSxokynbr1-2hS3S6b8v7dprC_Mxyn

Ride:

The Mill: A inverted rollercoaster themed after a sawmill where you zoom through the saws and the machinery.Largely inspired in appereance by Saw:The Ride at Universal Studio.

Gaia's Toll: Rollercoaster themed after a industrial complex invaded by nature when you zoom through the forest surrounding the park. Heavily inspired  by Th13teen at Alton Towers.

Curse Of The Fairy: Mad house telling the invasions of a manor by fair folks, culminating by a giant treefolk percing the wall. Inspired by Hex at Alton Tower

The Dark Comedic Fun House: Fun House with a spooky atmosphere and a very dark sens of humor in his gags ( electroshock, gross out gags, Jumpscares,etc). Heavily inspired by Joker Funhouses at Warner World

The Quantum Machine: Spinning ride sliding in and out of a warehouse. Inspired by Riddler Revolution at Warner World.

Helldropper : Haunted mine themed dive machine rollercoaster. Inspired by Baron 1898 at Efteling

Eco Ranger : Shooter ride when you cleanse the ocean in mini submarine. Inspired by Voyage To The Iron Reef at Knott's Berry Farm.

The Pennyfarther: Ferry Wheels ressembling a giant pennyfarther driven by a giant automaton . Quite the fantasist design i admit but in my defense it is inspired by a dream i once had.

The Witch's Mill: A watermill themed walkthrough haunt.

Barnstormer: Rollercoaster telling the tale of a biplane crashing on a haunted farm . Hybrid between the similarly named Disneyland ride and « that one with the forbidden shed » at  « Coney-Point-Something-Like-That ».

The Slaughterhouse: A factory themed walkthrought haunted house.

The Wasteland: A industrial devastation themed scarezone

Wild Bill's Shooting Gallery: A light gun based shooting gallery similar to the McCree video Game serie.

Attraction And Service:

Gaia Cantina and Gaia Inventory: Nature invaded industrial  cantina and inventory themed food counter and gift shop next to Gaia's Toll. Inspired by the Alton Tower's Dark Wood Section.

Mad Science Cabaret: Theater restaurant mixing old timey cabaret and mad scientist. Inspired by a similar show at Halloween Horror Night at Universal Studios

The Trading Post: A gift shop inside a huge truck. The guest are welcomed by two entertainer: a over insisting barker and a growling armed guard at the top of the truck.

Two Variety Of Talking Thrashcans:

The Thrashbots: steampunk R2d2 like moving thrashcan. Inspired by the Disneyworld's thrashtalkers.

The Goobers: Ornemental greenmen like wall thrashcan. Inspired by the thrashcans at Parc Asterix

Hot Dog Stands

Pop Corn Stands

Luminous Cotton Candy Stands

Ice Cream And Liquid Nitrogen Treats Stands

Jello Shots In Syringes Stands

Kid Kingdom

Esthetic: A more classical hopefull steampunk appeareance.

Ambience Music: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbydSxokynbqmCiAS0J-6f-buDxzD0cQj

The Ride:

The Carrousel : Steam Powered Merry Go Round .

The Steam Spinner: Steam Powered Spinner Ride.

The Swings: Steam Powered Swinging Ride

Tobbogan: Old timey fairground slides.

The Spirit Express: Ghost train themed kiddie coasters .

The Steam Train: Wilderness tour in a mini steam train.

Caricatura: Animatronic display inspired by victorian comedic illustration. Inspired by Volk Van Laff at Efteling .

Wonderland: Alice In Wonderland themed fun house with a Meow Wolf inspired humor and ambience.

Service And Attraction:

The Caravan: A decombulatory gift shop tracked by two moving animatronic cockatrix\chonobo like critters

Various Fairground Style Food Counter

Pop Corn Stands

Hot Dog Stands

Cotton Candy Stands

Ice Cream Stands

Old West Theater: Saloon themed theater restaurant offering frequent mascot show.

Mascots: Creep The Bat, Creepy The Black Cat ( Creep's girlfriend), Kaptain Kraken, The Robot Twin  Copper and Iron, Frankie The Monster, Edgar The Raven and Lord Alfred The Penguin

Talking Thrashcan: Same as in the Thrill District.

Any imaginary theme park design you want to share ?
The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

Hurricane Annie

I too have given this some thought over the years. New Zealand being a part of the British Empire and colonised in the  mid 1800s, holds a heritage ripe for Steampunk styled events, expositions and venues.

Any good theme park worth it's salt would have to include:

Large lake with island, offering steam boat rides.
Parading sodiers
Miniature steam train rides
Electric light show displays
Victorian and Edwardian Street food
Brass band
Celtic music
Wurlitzer
Carnival style side shows, test your strength clown heads, burlesque, 
Freak show exhibits
Merchandise, art, toiletries, posters, clothing, games etc

Cora Courcelle

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Hurricane Annie

Banfili

An old, steam driven carousel used to tour the country show (fair) circuit when I was a kid - it, (and the ferris wheel) were the only rides I was interested in!
Brandy snaps and fairy floss were my favourite "foods", along with a hot dog - I was an easily pleased kid!! :D
My favourite show bag was the liquorice one!