News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The forum from an outsider?

Started by M9Rider, December 06, 2019, 04:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M9Rider

Hiya guys i'm new on here but have been really intrested in SP clothing and just about everything that is related to it for a while, I just thought id mention this that the posts are public and most of the forum seems to be? I'm not sure if you are all ok with that?

Many thanks.

von Corax

Indeed, we are completely okay with it. We aim to educate as many people as possible about Steampunk, and making most of the forum world-readable is a means to that end.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

Caledonian

I think most of us ended up making an account after lurking for a while anyway. I think the open nature of the forum makes it more welcoming.
Passion is like a Peatfire

Synistor 303

I am not sure what we could say or do that would put us in danger from someone reading one of our posts?

Nope - still can't think of anything...

Caledonian

Quote from: Synistor 303 on January 06, 2020, 11:46:38 PM
I am not sure what we could say or do that would put us in danger from someone reading one of our posts?

Nope - still can't think of anything...

Personal details, maybe. Like email addresses or something opening you up to being spammed?
Passion is like a Peatfire

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: M9Rider on December 06, 2019, 04:39:38 AM
Hiya guys i'm new on here but have been really intrested in SP clothing and just about everything that is related to it for a while, I just thought id mention this that the posts are public and most of the forum seems to be? I'm not sure if you are all ok with that?

Many thanks.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the nature of the other forum(s) you frequent? This is an old forum, but I'm thinking that perhaps for other subjects, such as weaponry, lasers, survival, politics and such, there is a greater need for a screen between the public and the content... Is that the issue, or purely as a matter of security?