News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Pritchard Air Gun

Started by chicar, March 21, 2020, 04:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicar

I Seem To Have A Knack To Find New Additions To The Armoury Section This Day:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCoUWJHhDZ0
The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

Anselmofanzero

I might make another air gun...I am a fan indeed. SILENT, no chemicals, and quite a challenge to fabricate!

Melrose

Always liked this weapon. I believe there's a nod to it in the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes TV series episode, "The Empty House", where Sebastian Moran (the "old chicar"!)uses one. Full episode is at

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6tsnyv

RJBowman

I didn't know that that kind of connector with valve was in use that early.

Anselmofanzero

Ever heard of the Antikythera device? Way sooner, way more complicated.
The valve is kinda simple.

RJBowman

Quote from: Anselmofanzero on April 04, 2020, 11:24:33 PM
Ever heard of the Antikythera device? Way sooner, way more complicated.
The valve is kinda simple.

Everyone here has heard of the Antikythera device. It uses toothed gears. A very different mechanism from valves for compressed gasses. I'm looking at this video of a gun built in the style of an early 19th century firearm, and seeing a completely modern looking gas valve resembling the on in the propane heater that I bought last year.