News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Daredevil Dive Flying Machine At Six Flag Over Texas

Started by chicar, August 29, 2020, 12:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicar

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

Prof Marvel

By Gun, Chicar, those folks have been busy! It actually looks worth visiting, even if they did glue gears all over it....

yhs
prof marvel
MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way

Deimos

Quote from: Prof Marvel on August 29, 2020, 09:22:54 AM
By Gun, Chicar, those folks have been busy! It actually looks worth visiting, even if they did glue gears all over it....

yhs
prof marvel

HAHA....the gears (*groan* :-X) was my first thought about it.
But my second was --contrary to some doomsayers (none on BG, obviously)-- that the death of Steampunk has been greatly exaggerated.  :D
"Unless you're prepared to surrender everything, don't surrender anything."

Society: Be yourself.
Me: OK
Society: No. Not like that.

SeVeNeVeS

I hate to be the negative one here, not my cup of tea, not sure what would make me puke more, the ride or the tacky decoration, sorry.

Prof Marvel

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on August 30, 2020, 09:03:25 AM
I hate to be the negative one here, not my cup of tea, not sure what would make me puke more, the ride or the tacky decoration, sorry.

AH My Dear SeVeN

I KNOW the ride would make me puke. I found that out the hard way about ...
um
over 40 years ago.
The last time I tried one of the yipity dippity thrilly willy rides.
damn near lost my lunch all over the interior.
the only thing that helped was imagining I was actually flying the thing and concentrating on working a fake joystick and imaginary footpedals.
Once I disembarked , that was the last "thrill ride" for me , including roller coasters.

sort of sad, since I had "alweays wanted " to be a pilot and "always wanted " to join the airforce.
when I finally had an opportunity to ride backseat in an F4G ~ 1987, we discovered  I was too tall to fit, and was thus saved from disgracing myself
from an almost certain fate of hurling all over the cockpit.

yhs
prof marvle
MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way