News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Check out theses labels

Started by Hez, March 13, 2022, 11:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hez

If you are ever in Vancouver check out the craft beer at Steamworks  The brewery has been around since 1995 and I am told they have good beer.  Unfortunately I don't like beer but I love the labels. 

J. Wilhelm

Sadly, we've lost good small breweries in Austin due to the pandemic. We've lost bad ones too.

Not good but Steampunk was a "Steampunk Bar" (same name, I believe) downtown which was a flop, commercially. Barely more than "glue a cog and call it Steampunk" the bar failed to spark the imagination in spite of being right on famed 6th Street.

North by Northwest was a Northwest warehouse inspired restaurant and microbrewery which had fantastic beer and appealed the techie crowd with excellent food and an industrial decor. That was a real loss.

Synistor 303

Speaking of craft beer... my daughter and son-in-law opened '8 Track' craft brewery about 10 minutes before the monumental lockdowns we had in Victoria, Australia.

They have a Facebook page if you want to have a look. Somehow they managed to survive Covid (although ironically, they were closed over this last weekend due to Covid...) and are doing OK.

Trent makes really good beer - lots of variety- and has changed the minds of many "I don't like beer" people.

Just sayin...