News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

The Subhuman And The Surhuman

Started by chicar, May 05, 2022, 12:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicar

A short story inspired by a dream i made last night .

The Subhuman And The Surhuman

Rotor run as far as it thin automaton legs can lead him. Already the sound of hound barking and tracker yelling fade in the distance. Deeper into the marsh it go . Until it see her , a tall woman sculpted in mercury-like liquid at the likeness of a Sumerian goddess.

« Hello, little machineman »the entity greeted « You can call me Maeva »

And thus they conversed, of Rotor blight as a servant of Man , of how it grew tired of this life and flee .

« You are stronger and smarter than them , it should be them who serve you » retorquated Maeva .

«  Being rule over feel so bad , i don't want to inflict this to anyone. I don't want to be above Man, I want to be his equal » answered Rotor

« Why would you want to be equal to men when you can be equal to those superior to them like me ? » said Maeva revealing her nature for the first time .

«  I already said it, I don't want to rule over peoples » the automaton said.

« But i will rule over you » the entity said .

«  You don't, you seek companionship, not servants »  Rotor amswered almost as a reflex.

Maeva then fell deep into reflection. Could it be she feel alone on her throne ? She have everything one can ask but yet was so desperate for company she struck conversation with the slave of slaves. In this instant a bit of the liquid composing slip away toward Rotor , covering it in the rude shape of a boy . The liquid in both Maeva and Rotor then take the appearance of human flesh . And thus the subhuman and the surhuman have gone on a quest to become human.
The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''