News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Let the music play..

Started by spunk, August 19, 2022, 01:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spunk

I had a boring plastic bluetooth speaker laying around, which screamed for a makeover, to make it a little more attractive... ;D
(but I have to admit that I chose the easiest way, by putting the complete speaker in the box and making the control buttons so that they can operate the speaker inside  ::))

my creations so far: https://steamtime.weebly.com

von Corax

I like it. Can we get a closeup of the plaque?
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

spunk

I don't know if this is a original plaque or a reproduction?
I saw it on the web and thought I want it 8)

it does have a good appearance and patina, that's what attracted me: real or imitation!  ;D

(it's from the screw company, so it's possible they screwed me ::))

James Harrison

I like that!  It gives just the right hint of menace about it. 
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Sir Henry

Very nice!

And the plaque strongly implies that the tube of green goo is an essential part of its function, which is as it should be.

My only quibble would be the wood colour - personally I would have gone for darker (dark mahogany or similar) or a lighter oak. A very minor quibble.
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

spunk

Quote from: Sir Henry on August 20, 2022, 08:06:59 PM
Very nice!

My only quibble would be the wood colour - personally I would have gone for darker (dark mahogany or similar) or a lighter oak. A very minor quibble.

I know, would rather have had an old oak box, they are also easier to color. These are those cheap boxes of an almost white wood type and difficult to color. I had applied a dark oak stain and it is still quite light. but I haven't tried to rub it with dark wax yet  ;D

SeVeNeVeS

Great job and right up my street!

The box looks OK IMHO, I know trying to stain different woods/ wood not of your liking can be a pain.

I love your creations, I dabble myself sometimes and appreciate how much time and effort goes into sourcing materials, let alone build the thing.

Darn fine work Sir! If you would be so kind keep 'em coming.