News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

our current 'Governors'

Started by SeVeNeVeS, September 04, 2022, 09:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeVeNeVeS

What is the point of our serving Governors?

Most havn't even logged in for over 2 years, yet alone managed to govern anything, the doctor logs in mainly to premote a new venture, superfluous entitled fafff on the forum.........

I'm sure you have your reasons, but I am flumoxed to the reason why they are still in position.

Ditch 'em.........

Rockula

Do you mean remove their accounts or demote them?

How about the other 20,000 members who are not regularly active?

Not sure what your beef is here.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

von Corax

I'll add it to my list of Issues to be Addressed.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: Rockula on September 04, 2022, 01:45:01 PM
Do you mean remove their accounts or demote them?

How about the other 20,000 members who are not regularly active?

Not sure what your beef is here.

Of course do not delete the accounts, my "beef" is they have powers and are totally not interested in the forum anymore and have moved on, so make them regular members,  cut the dead wood............."beef" over.

mizzarrogh

I vote for You as the new head if so.  :)

Herr Döktor

It's not that I don't visit, I do, and I largely don't comment as I don't have anything to add...

Also, I don't seem to be making/finishing anything, this is a problem, as people like to see new things: I'll be honest, even before moving house (against my will), I had run out of free time, now my commute is four times longer (40 minutes a day as opposed to 10), I've run out even more, that and my partner won't stay in the house for longer than half a day when we do have free time, and insists we go out and have 'fun' together, makes it very difficult to find time, I used to have 'fun' making things, oh well. Bit depressing, really.

I think I have only managed to activate "Governor" settings once in ten years, so I won't miss them.

von Corax

Hey, Dök? What was the role of the Governors anyway?

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: von Corax on September 06, 2022, 07:41:15 PM

As I understand it, Proteus was never here to make decisions so the Governors were stand in Admin, head moderators.

as we now have regular Admin and Mods my question was, and in hindsight came across as slightly stroppy, my appologies, is the title needed any more? No offence ment Dök/ Rockula! Just regular mods/ members............. Takes foot out of mouth.

von Corax

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on September 07, 2022, 06:30:26 AM

As I understand it, Proteus was never here to make decisions so the Governors were stand in Admin, head moderators.

as we now have regular Admin and Mods my question was, and in hindsight came across as slightly stroppy, my appologies, is the title needed any more? No offence ment Dök/ Rockula! Just regular mods/ members............. Takes foot out of mouth.

Actually, proteus didn't even register until after I did. (Cogs, I feel old saying that!)

If memory serves, the Governors were intended to take over the Big Decisions after Tinkergirl left us, to carry out her vision for the Forum. (Governors don't have Admin rights, merely a sort of "super-Moderator" authority.) If, for example, it were necessary that the Forum become ad-supported (which would be very much against Tinkergirl's intentions) it would be the Governors who would make that decision.

Herr Döktor

No problem, it's hard to dissern nuance on a forum!  ;D

Quote from: von Corax on September 07, 2022, 10:52:25 AM

Actually, proteus didn't even register until after I did. (Cogs, I feel old saying that!)

If memory serves, the Governors were intended to take over the Big Decisions after Tinkergirl left us, to carry out her vision for the Forum. (Governors don't have Admin rights, merely a sort of "super-Moderator" authority.) If, for example, it were necessary that the Forum become ad-supported (which would be very much against Tinkergirl's intentions) it would be the Governors who would make that decision.

And yes, that's pretty much it in a nutshell, don't honestly think that the Governor status is really any use now, especially for me! ;)