News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Today on Hackaday: Jet-Powered Tea Kettle

Started by von Corax, February 20, 2023, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Corax

For the Inspiration file: Hackaday has run an article about a Jet-Engine-Powered Tea Kettle. I particularly had to chuckle at the statement
Quote[Finlay] took some inspiration cues and parts from another jet engine he had on hand that was powering his toaster.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: von Corax on February 20, 2023, 06:59:14 PM
For the Inspiration file: Hackaday has run an article about a Jet-Engine-Powered Tea Kettle. I particularly had to chuckle at the statement
Quote[Finlay] took some inspiration cues and parts from another jet engine he had on hand that was powering his toaster.

"Exiting the engine in a non linear fashion."

Did they incurr any hospital bills?

Caledonian

Quote from: von Corax on February 20, 2023, 06:59:14 PM

I bet that toaster burns less toast than ours does
Passion is like a Peatfire

J. Wilhelm

Reminds me of when I inadvertently reinvented the rocket stove using a rectangular air conditioner duct elbow and some steel angles for feet, plus a chromed grate. That thing worked so well, but I wasn't paying attention to the danger the zinc playing on the galvanized duct would pose (I never got poisoned, though).