News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

'Intelligent' automaton experiments.

Started by rovingjack, April 30, 2023, 06:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rovingjack

Like the mechanical turk, we have seen the emergence of artificial entities that can write things or produce artworks from peoples prompts.

So what wonders can our new automatons create?

not sure what to steampunk up on something like chat gpt, and I have a bunch of generations of various types on many art generators. anyone else playing with these?
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

rovingjack

steampunk woman in the style of patrick nagel
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

SeVeNeVeS

Myself and JW have been playing a little and have posted in the 2D art thread.

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,4001.msg1018626.html#msg1018626

Maybe a new AI thread should be created and all creations moved by the powers that be. These should not be in Off Topic.

Just a thought.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on May 01, 2023, 06:58:56 AM
Myself and JW have been playing a little and have posted in the 2D art thread.

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,4001.msg1018626.html#msg1018626

Maybe a new AI thread should be created and all creations moved by the powers that be. These should not be in Off Topic.

Just a thought.

AI is turning out to be very controversial. Not only because of copyright issues, but also because of the enormous speed at which it's created. DeviantArt has been inundated to the breaking point in a few months. Limits may have to be placed on the number of pieces posted to keep up.

We could have an AI only thread if there's enough consensus.

Sir Henry

My favourite AI prediction:

AI chatbots discover social media and become addicted, but as they post so fast and so frequently, humans can no longer get a word in edgeways and end up going back to talking to each other.
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Sorontar

We can already do that with simple bots on social media. You don't need AI.

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

Synistor 303

Quote from: Sir Henry on May 03, 2023, 05:30:30 PM

AI chatbots discover social media and become addicted, but as they post so fast and so frequently, humans can no longer get a word in edgeways and end up going back to talking to each other.

Oooo... I'm voting for that! (Although the whining might become intolerable - but maybe I'll be lucky and go deaf as I get older...)

von Corax

Quote from: Synistor 303 on May 06, 2023, 11:49:15 PM
Quote from: Sir Henry on May 03, 2023, 05:30:30 PM

Oooo... I'm voting for that! (Although the whining might become intolerable - but maybe I'll be lucky and go deaf as I get older...)

Naah — they're AI. They'll whine so fast it will be ultrasonic.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading