News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

All quiet in here, have we moved?

Started by Synistor 303, August 12, 2023, 11:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Synistor 303

Seems a bit quiet in here for the last couple of days. Not so quiet here though.

It is Currawong breeding season (Currawongs are birds the size and shape of a large raven with a black and white body), and we have been inundated with them calling, carolling, singing and pecking at things that don't concern them. They have been giving Percy the possum a hard time hopping on top of his nesting dome and jumping up and down on it like a trampoline.

One of them stole a single sock from a pair of socks on the clothesline... and not a manky sock either - a good thick hole-free work sock. Mister Synistor has kept the remaining sock, but I fear it is a pointless exercise as the Currawong won't be bringing the other one back.

von Corax

I was noticing that myself. I wonder if people have been scared off by the news of the impending Migration? Rest assured that any posts made up until the moment of the Migration will be preserved in the move.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

J. Wilhelm

Nonsense. I doubt they're thinking about the mechanics of migration. I can't speculate on their end, but as for myself, I'm busy getting a new job (or two) before the end of the month, and then I I'll be trying to find s new place to live. I haven't had a chance to post on any of my project's  progress, though I'm used to not getting much attention, so I doubt I make any difference.

SeVeNeVeS

I have alot of real life stuff going on so not so interactive at the moment.

It has nothing to do with the upcoming migration, we trust you von Corax and know we are in more than capable hands.

It's all a bit complicated to explain but I should be back on a regular basis soon I hope.

Justin Time

If it helps, the only other two (non SP) forums I belong to are pretty inactive right now as well.  Maybe summer travel or just the effing miserable heat.  There's also the start of the school year that has some I know tied up.

JIT
Have you never wondered what it would be like to walk between the ticks and tocks of Time?

Cora Courcelle

I'm just a naturally quiet person 🤣 (all right, stop sniggering at the back there).
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Synistor 303

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on August 14, 2023, 06:36:10 PM
I'm just a naturally quiet person 🤣 (all right, stop sniggering at the back there).

As another naturally quiet person, I admit (and apologise?) I did have a little snigger...