News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Yet Another Upgrade: Saturday, 2 September 2023

Started by von Corax, August 27, 2023, 02:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Corax

On Saturday, 2 September 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) Eastern Daylight Time, I will be taking the Forum offline for approximately 2 hours to perform the last of the currently-planned software upgrades, from Simple Machines Forum 2.0.19 to 2.1.4. This will give us the most up-to-date version of the Forum software.

This upgrade includes numerous user-level enhancements, from custom non-binary gender options to automatic timezone selection to Likes and Mentions.

Once this upgrade is complete, I will begin entertaining suggestions for further enhancements.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

von Corax

The upgrade is complete, but we're still experiencing technical difficulties. Please bear with us.

Madasasteamfish

Well it seems to have taken affect. It will perhaps take some getting used to, but I hope it will all be to the good to fix some of those creaks and groans that have plagued the old girl for so long.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Rockula

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

von Corax

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on September 03, 2023, 11:28:02 AMWell it seems to have taken affect. It will perhaps take some getting used to, but I hope it will all be to the good to fix some of those creaks and groans that have plagued the old girl for so long.

Right now I'm focusing on the new creaks and groans. ;)